Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help me out here for a sec...

Where is the fluid level supposed to sit? On the service manual it says to warm the car up to normal operating temp and the fluid should be between the low and full.

What is normal operating temp? If I start the car and let it idle until the motor is warm and check the fluid, its about 2/3rds full. If I drive the car for about 15-20 mins and check it again its 1cm above the full. If I let the car sit over night and check it cold its about 0.5 cm above the full.

·
, Moderator, Performance
2,513 Posts
Help me out here for a sec...

Where is the fluid level supposed to sit? On the service manual it says to warm the car up to normal operating temp and the fluid should be between the low and full.

What is normal operating temp? If I start the car and let it idle until the motor is warm and check the fluid, its about 2/3rds full. If I drive the car for about 15-20 mins and check it again its 1cm above the full. If I let the car sit over night and check it cold its about 0.5 cm above the full.
normal temps are after a 15min cruse in warm weather, if its colder it will take longer...not beating on it lol, just regular driving:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts