Acura TSX Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
bob shiftright said:
I drove down to DC last month, and traffic was about a bazillion times worse than I remembered it was when I last worked down there, which was in the 1980s.

I've driven a stick shift exclusively for the last 22 years and the DC traffic was so bad that I'd actually consider an AT. Problem with the TSX AT is that the motor isn't awfully powerful, the torque curve is really unsuitable for an AT and the performance is marginal even with the 6-speed manual.
DC has the worst traffic - it would definitely push me towards the auto. I got an auto for Philly traffic, and I only regret it on weekends :nervous: It is a good AT though.

If the commute doesn't/wouldn't bother you, I'd definitely get the MT.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have had many sport cars in stick, I drive stick but love my auto TSX...in the city auto is the way to go...

·
The Peoples Champ
609 Posts
sixspeed said:
I can't answer any of your questions because I have not driven the automatic one. But I'm going to repeat your words: "get the 6MT to make yourself happy".
The fact that my wife can't drive it is an added bonus :D

i went with the auto
since my gf can use the "auto"
and i can use the SS bbbbb5

·
Registered
46 Posts
Type X said:
i went with the auto
since my gf can use the "auto"
and i can use the SS
That was what made me go with an automatic this time too. It was a last minute decision to go with the auto but I am happy with it now. I'll just have to get a "fun car" with a manual tranny later on. :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
TSX 'R' US said:
That's what I felt when driving the AV6... the car also felt "floaty" (suspension) compared to the TSX...
I'd like to see a switch on the TSX like Lexus to choose the suspension level...

cuz I had a 4 hours massage on the trip to Montreal....Highway...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Get the 6 MT. It has the nicest gearbox shifter I have ever driven. Car and Driver named the TSX to their top 10 but if you read the fine print, they raved about the 6 speed. While the auto is nice, it would just be a nice looking Accord. Coupled with the 6 speed, it is much nicer. Make yourself happy. Get an auto when you are in a wheelchair. Good luck.
Don't agree with you! Modern wheelchairs, as well as cars are fully adapted for disabled people. Just check how modern and sophisticated they can be:

There are so many of them available online, you can find more information if you need. And don't treat disabled people like that my friend!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I looked for a decent deal on a manual TSX for a couple years before I stumbled across a killer deal on a slushbox TSX.

I recommend buying the manual, but I wouldn't pay $2K over a similar AT.

Good hunting!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Don't agree with you! Modern wheelchairs, as well as cars are fully adapted for disabled people. Just check how modern and sophisticated they can be:

There are so many of them available online, you can find more information if you need. And don't treat disabled people like that my friend!
The point wasn't to stop driving if you're in a wheelchair; rather that there is an obvious physical requirement for two working legs/feet and two working arms/hands to operate a car with a manual transmission.

I know several ppl in WCs who are still independently mobile, they have hand controls added for driving their cars. But I can't imagine that they make hand controls for a clutch.

EDIT: holy cow, I stand corrected!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts