Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Ive read the manual already and I cannot find out how to get the locks to automatically lock when starting the car and open when taking the key out. I know they have to do this, because my old RSX-S used to do it. Everytime I take the key out of the ignition I go to open my door and its still locked. Somebody know how to help me out?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site :wavey:

Unfortunately, the TSX does not have auto door locks :(

·
2005 TSX 6MT Nav
692 Posts
TSX 'R' US said:
Hello and welcome to the site :wavey:

Unfortunately, the TSX does not have auto door locks :(

damn that blows, now my door handles will take even more of a beating when my friends try to open the door and yank on it hard thinking its unlocked after i shut off the engine.

i always try to beat them to it, but i can't. i'm going to make a sign for the back of the front head rests that says,
"no auto locks, please wait until pilot has disengaged the door locks manually"

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
spyguy said:
damn that blows, now my door handles will take even more of a beating when my friends try to open the door and yank on it hard thinking its unlocked after i shut off the engine.

i always try to beat them to it, but i can't. i'm going to make a sign for the back of the front head rests that says,
"no auto locks, please wait until pilot has disengaged the door locks manually"
:rotz: My dad does that all the time... :(

·
2005 TSX 6MT Nav
692 Posts
TSX 'R' US said:
:rotz: My dad does that all the time... :(
and the worst is when you try to unlock it while they're still trying to open it, and it gets stuck. then you lock it to reset it, and they think you unlocked it, and they do it again. then you finally unlock it and then they get out.

·
Registered
80 Posts
yeah even my old 98 civic has that option
locks when i start the car and unlocks when i take out the key.

i dont understand why my tsx wouldnt have it.. =( costing twice as much.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
welcome MkNY83 :wavey:

yeah, we had a good discussion on the missing-auto-lock topic, in which I was bitching about having to put in a consicous effort to do 2 solid, separate presses to unlock all doors.

I, too, am used to auto-lock/unlock

1 - 7 of 7 Posts