Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone has experience with these, nor if this topic belongs here,however I am looking to add an automatic starter to my tsx. Does anyone know anything about them, it doesn't void warranty does it?

·
Registered
66 Posts
well for an auto TSx is it fine ?? I was also thinking of getting an autostarter. Thinking of getting a compustar but dunno if it'll screw my engine in the long run. Where are the autostarters connected to ? Will it do damage .. sorry for the noobness ...

·
your mom goes to college
120 Posts
yes, i am also very interested in this...i have herd to be careful about car theft though...but anyway what damage does it do to a car in the long run?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no fear of theft, there is a specific key that you have to use, enginee disengages when used.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I believe you're referring to remote start module. Most car alarm manufacturers like Directed (Viper Alarm & Clifford) have a bypass module that is installed to start the car. If you hook up the remote start module to it, without that bypass, the car will not start all. If your car is a stick, LEARN to put in neutral when you leave your car. Leaving it in gear will cause your car to jerk forward when you try to remote start it. As for theft, the problem is that the moment you hit the brake, the car will shuts off, plus the steering wheel locks without the key. If the car is rev'd passed a certain rpm, the car will also shut down as well.

As for where it is connected, you'll need to tap into a few wires under the dash such as the ACC, & Ignition. I don't recommend you install it yourself if you aren't experienced enough. There is no long time damage unless you keep the car in gear and crank it. You'll be fine as long as it's installed properly. As for the warranty, unless the remote start was the problem, the dealer would have to prove it since it's law.

-Jimmy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts