Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here`s the problem. When the car starts in the morning after leaving it overnight, I usually let it warm up for 2-3 mins before driving. The car feels like there`s no oil in the tranmission and you can feel a shift lag on Sport Mode. Even my foot stayed at the same angle, the speedo jumps within 200rpm. Usually after driving it for 5-10 mins, the problems goes away. I am worried since the weather is like 0 degrees here and it does that. However when I plugged in during -15 degrees, this doesn`t happened. This happened after changing the ATF 2-3 months ago. Has anyone encountered the same problem and what are the ways to solve? Thanks in advance!

·
Newtsxowner!
179 Posts
I have encountered the problem many times. What i figured out is that you have to let the car actually warm up before the shifts are perfect. When it isnt warmed up the rpms drag and then when u shift the engine actually hits the power. So just let it fully warm up if you can but if you cant dont use sport shift until its fully warmed up.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have encountered the problem many times. What i figured out is that you have to let the car actually warm up before the shifts are perfect. When it isnt warmed up the rpms drag and then when u shift the engine actually hits the power. So just let it fully warm up if you can but if you cant dont use sport shift until its fully warmed up.
Did you notice the speedo jumps within 200rpm even when you're steady on the gas pedal? I was told I need a valve adjustment and a induction clean since I have 160k kms.

·
Registered
317 Posts
u said u changed the ATF? Did you use an aftermarket brand or Honda ATF? Cause Honda Auto trans are super picky when it comes down to ATF in their trans. And dam its cold where you live...I would not be surprise that the trans is doing that, but then where I live the coldest is about 55 degree.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts