Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine knew about my car (he couldn't see it because it was crashed and in the shop right now). He said he would buy the same car as mine too (except he would get auto instead of 6 speeds)

He said he is aiming for less than $27,000 (w/ Navi) and he asked me for advice. I didn't give him much advice since I told him I don't get much bargain because it's the only 6 speed at that time. However, he said there are more auto with navi than 6 speed with navi, so he is still aiming for less than $27,000 and asking me if it is possible.

You know what ? I personally don't think it is because I pay in the $28k range. However, I told him I really don't know because I don't want to crush his hope before he goes on his car shopping trail. Anyone heard of TSX with navi selling for less than $27000 ? If it is possible, I would just let me know and get one more person in our TSX family :)

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
Less than $27K --- I think there's this posting from a kid on a-tsx telling a figure that's BELOW invoice....everyone was like "no way" "BS" :bs: etc....the kid never made another peep thou.

$27 even ---I had that offer but had already "shake-hand" with another dealer for $27150

Now again < 27K, now ? It's totally possible for the 2004 models, I should think. --- I mean 2005 models are just around the corner. there's got to be dealers with excess inventory.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
I got my 5AT for 27k even about 2 months ago. I imagine something a little under 27k is doable.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Everything is always "supply/demand." While the official price is the same for auto or manual, I can well imagine it's possible that the supply/demand ratios are different and that it might be easier to negotiate on one or the other -- more likely the automatic.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
if the '05s come out and theres still some 04's on the lot I think he might be able to pull it off. Dealers are usually willing to bend more when theres newer year models for sale since the old

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
larchmont said:
Everything is always "supply/demand." While the official price is the same for auto or manual, I can well imagine it's possible that the supply/demand ratios are different and that it might be easier to negotiate on one or the other -- more likely the automatic.
As for my case way back when, I went to 1 dealer with the color, 6 speed and nav as requirement. He has only 1 car in stock (in the showroom). The next car won't be in until 1-2 month later (different color). Another dealer has the combination, but carbon gray and the car is not in yet. The third one doesn't even have manual. Eventually, I end up buying from the out of state dealership.

·
Registered
42 Posts
true about supply/demand. went to my dealer last fri for service, had a chance to see the lot, there were 25+ tsx on that lot!! let your friend try, make sure there's a dealer with lots of inventory. i actually went on a Sunday to check the stock out, no dealers around before finding the color/combo match.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
kenk25 said:
true about supply/demand. went to my dealer last fri for service, had a chance to see the lot, there were 25+ tsx on that lot!! let your friend try, make sure there's a dealer with lots of inventory.....
Wanna tell us what dealer?

If you want to, you can use code.

Examples of code:

(1) Spell it backwards.
(2) Use all small letters (no caps).
(3) Leave out a couple of letters in the middle.
(4) Write the name real small like this.
(5) Use pig Latin -- e.g. Montclair becomes "Ont-mray Air-clay."

Nobody will figure it out except who you're talking to, really. :D :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
:lol: i had no problem with this dealer. i actually went on a Sunday; msm and artic blue with the combo was on the lot. my wife took about 2 hrs to decide which one she wanted. glad the place was closed. we settled on the msm because all the wrapping was still on the car, even wrapping on the alloy wheels. Made a deal that week. :)

The dealer is Open Road Acura of Wayne, in NJ. What I like about them is on their website, they list the exact vin # of the cars available, not a partial #. we went to a few dealers on Sunday and this dealer had tsx on the lot compared to others. i just checked, they have 33 listed today.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts