Acura TSX Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
The automatic is much better than the manual transmission. The reason I would say this is in respect to gear ratio,fuel efficiency and MPG. Automatic Transmission has a lower gear ratio compared to Manual Transmission which simply implies that the engine spins slower at a given speed hence lower fuel consumption. Automatic Transmission gets more MPG than the Manual Transmission.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The automatic is much better than the manual transmission. The reason I would say this is in respect to gear ratio,fuel efficiency and MPG. Automatic Transmission has a lower gear ratio compared to Manual Transmission which simply implies that the engine spins slower at a given speed hence lower fuel consumption. Automatic Transmission gets more MPG than the Manual Transmission.
Well, sure. If your primary goal in seeking out a 1G TSX is fuel economy while highway cruising in top gear, absolutely get the 5A version. I don't think anybody who is seeking out a six-speed manual version of this car, either when it was new or now that it's been out of production for well over ten years, is going to be ignorant of that.

The sportier gear ratios in the 6M is exactly why I got it, though.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts