Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Wow! Thank you Maurice -- great get!!

Love it! -- among other reasons, because 220 hp is exactly what I've been "predicting" for the '05 TSX.

I put "predicting" in "quotes" to emphasize that I have no idea what I'm talking about. The "prediction" has nothing to do with any knowledge of cars, and certainly no knowledge of what Honda/Acura is thinking. It's just a little quasi-logic (with the emphasis on the "quasi") plus a heavy dose of wishful thinking.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Before we get too excited about 220 HP for the TSX, the article said that the engine in the Euro-R is 2.0 liters and not the 2.4 liters in the TSX. Would Acura have two different engines for the TSX in the future?

·
Registered
332 Posts
"Peak power is 220 hp at 8000 rpm while torque is 52 lb-ft at 6000 rpm"

Talk about torqueless wonder! There's a 1 missing somewhere. That's the K20 engine, I understand the piston speeds in the K24 are already near their limits at 7000 rpm, so Honda will need some other trickery to bump the power.

Given the torque drop (152 v 166 lb/ft), I bet the TSX feels at least the same, if not faster than the Euro-R in normal driving, when not revving the snot out of the engine.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
DSM said:
Before we get too excited about 220 HP for the TSX, the article said that the engine in the Euro-R is 2.0 liters and not the 2.4 liters in the TSX. Would Acura have two different engines for the TSX in the future?
Good question, and my very un-knowledgeable wishful-thinking answer would be, "No, but there wouldn't have to be two engines. The thing about this is just that it shows Honda can bump the HP up to 220 in 'these kinds' of cars, and so maybe they won't have much trouble bumping the TSX engine up to 220 also."

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
kiteboy said:
"Peak power is 220 hp at 8000 rpm while torque is 52 lb-ft at 6000 rpm"

Talk about torqueless wonder! There's a 1 missing somewhere.....
Yes -- looks like it must be 152.

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
Could one of the reasons why Honda isn't bringing the 220HP 2.0L i-VTEC engine to North America be that they are trying to prevent the TSX from becoming one of the most stolen cars like the Integra?

The article seems to imply that the 2.0L i-VTEC would be a perfect fit into a Civic. (Maybe a perfect fit into RSX too? RSX-S has 2.0L i-VTEC 200HP engine). If that's the case, TSX owners would have to be very concerned and the sales of TSX would definitely decline.

Or maybe the 220HP 2.0L i-VTEC just isn't big enough of an "upgrade" to set it apart from the current 200HP, 2.4L i-VTEC engine in the TSX.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts