Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
That's Doctor
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
So I joined the NE-SVT club for autocross. After attending the first race, I decided that I really like this group of people and the cars are awesome. Despite the club's name, there was actually only 1 Mustang. There was a healthy representation of BMWs, Miatas (of course), S2000s, Porsches, etc. Some were set up for full-race and others were just daily drivers. Anyways, the second race of the season is this Saturday, May 19, at Deven's Airfield in Ayer, MA. It might be too late to register for this race but if you've got nothing going on, come and check it out (free for spectators). More information can be found here:

ne-svt.org

Registration etc. takes place here:

MotorsportReg.com : Online registration management tools for driving and social events

·
That's Doctor
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey JTrix,
Why do you have to get there early?

This club requires pre-registration for a limited number of spots so there's no reason to get there early unless you need to tweek your setup or change tires. Basically, just show up on time for inspection and the driver's meeting. If you haven't pre-registered, there's a slim chance there's going to be any available spots left for racing.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Well there was a long line to get your barcode(it tells what class and what vehicle is about to run). Then there is a second line to get your work assignment for the heat you aren't running in. So both lines have to be done. After that then you get your car tech inspected. Then you walk the course to try to memorize the course to help you make the most out of your runs. I only walked once cause there wasn't enough time and my first two runs felt like a sea of cones and I spent those runs trying to stay on course instead of going for a fast time. Try to walk the course 2-3 times if you can.

Also try to prepare as much as you can the night before(clear the car out of anything loose including mats, your glovebox, spare tire.) I brought an air compressor so I could adjust tire pressure. Let me know if you have any questions cause I was in the same exact boat as you a few weeks ago.

I had an instructor drive my car (he was actually really easy on my car) to show me the ropes and give me a time to shoot for. That run will not count as one of your runs so I highly suggest you do that as well. Everyone is really friendly so don't be afraid to ask for help.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll try to help.

·
That's Doctor
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, this club is slightly different, maybe because there's less people. But you basically drive into the airfield, and prep your car for tech. Then they come by and do the inspection, at which time they give you the sticker and give you your work assignment. Then, everyone lines up and slowly drives the course. Nobody walks it. Because it's an airfield, the course is quite long and spread out (over a mile long) and you get going quite fast. The cones are also spread out and not confusing at all (at least the configuration I ran last time).

You're right, everyone is super nice and really want to help you. I had some instructors ride with me and give me pointers that really helped me out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is there a tsx club around the boston area? I have owned my tsx for 3 years and this weekend I am finally doing somthing to it. I am putting a catback system and a injen sp cai..my car has 107 k and is still in great condition. Should I take the resonator off ? Get dual or single outlet? Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Dual imo, looks clean and shoulc fit the bumper nicely. As for a club in boston no, we had a meet last month it was pretty good but ur more then welcome to come to the next meet when we all decide to have one

1 - 12 of 12 Posts