Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have just orderd a new 2004 tsx and my buddy has 1 without the navi and i see on his radio there is a cd/aux button.

my question is: can this aux button be connected to any audio imput ie: ipod

and is this feature available with the navi beeing that i orderd my car with the navi.

i searched but to no avail so im asking anyone with any knowlege of this subj.

thanks in advance

TJ

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Dunno how helpful this'll be, but at least it'll tell you something.

What I do know is that if you have the cassette deck (like I do), the "aux" means the cassette.

And I'm pretty sure this would have been available even if I didn't have the Nav.
So.....I don't think the "aux" has anything to do with Nav.

OCICBW......

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
scratch-n-sniff said:
my question is: can this aux button be connected to any audio imput ie: ipod
Yes. You will need to purchase the SNHOND3 Aux input audio adapter for your TSX. Installation for the Non-navi is very simple. You can also install it into a navi equipped TSX also, but there's a few extra steps for it. I think you might have to modify the SNOHND3 device..but I'm not sure.

Once the SHOND3 device is installed, you can plug pretty much anything into it.

Here's a thread with a pic of my installation: My installation

and you can buy the SNHOND3 at Logjam

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi

I am trying to determine whether there are any AUX IN in my Euro JDM model. I have no idea how I should remove the HU to have a look. Any instructions from any DIY experts here.

Many Thanks
Arrow

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
You're best taking that to your dealership to have it looked at, or any professional car audio installation workshop should have the expertise.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
I agree with you, getting the expertise will make it look better

·
Registered
116 Posts
Arrow said:
Hi

I am trying to determine whether there are any AUX IN in my Euro JDM model. I have no idea how I should remove the HU to have a look. Any instructions from any DIY experts here.

Many Thanks
Arrow
no need to take out the HU. all you need to do is take out the bins under the HU and have a look under the HU which is where the AUX in port is located. its best to use a small mirror like one for make-up to look under the HU cause theres no room otherwise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts