Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys
I Bought The N2 System And Its Great But The Only Problem I Have Is I Can't Watch Dvd While I Am Driving. If Some One Has The Sys. Or Knows How To Work Thta Out Let Me Know.
Thank You

·
Registered
53 Posts
You cannot watch video while driving with this unit. Pioneer designed the internal gyroscope in the external unit to sense when the vehicle is in motion. Pioneer is only doing what soon every company will be doing. It is unsafe to you and the others around you to watch video while you drive.
If you want to watch a video, pull over, engage the ebrake and watch. Otherwise you should be watching the road, not a movie!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
All of the Systems are Set up so your E-brake must be activated to watch a movie, There are of course ways to trick the car into thinking the E-brake is Active, however I belive that is a very bad Idea, and Will not help with nor sanction such a modification

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
MemphisRheins said:
All of the Systems are Set up so your E-brake must be activated to watch a movie, ....
I bet Mr Marcura dont like this ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Every system, right now, is activated to watch video when the e-brake is engaged. Alpines require a sequence of foot brake and ebrake pushing to disengage the saftey, most others just need the ebrake applied. To bypass that you just permanently ground the proper wire on the video unit. The Pioneer is smarter than this and can actually sense the vehicle moving and will not allow video to be shown. I give it two years and everybody's systems will be the same way. It's just not smart to do it any other way.
But, if you insist, Kenwood, Clarion, and Eclipse units are easy to still bypass, but all are much more expensive with navigation, and none are nearly as cool as the N2.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
ic ic... what if you get that cable and the unit that allows u to use the stock navi screen to watch videos, and jes get a seperate dvd player... will u then b able to view while driving?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,092 Posts
There is a way to do it on the Pioneer N2, but it involves reverting back to a previous firmware version, so it's not a very good solution, but would work.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,092 Posts
radiodr said:
At that point he might as well get an N1. Still plenty of them areound and going for a little cheaper too.
He already has the N2 installed, so that's why I mentioned that solution. He'd have to uninstall and sell the N2, so in the end he would probably come out about even. Might as well have the newer model, just in case he's willing to sacrifice the moving video in exchange for XM NavTraffic down the road.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Reverting back to N1 Firmware

I have an N2 and would like to revert it back to the N1 firmware. Can anyone give details on how to do this?
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
please let me know. what wire to be groundes in my honda accord CN2. This car seeme to be identical to the tsx or even very similar. I'd like to play dvds in the built in dvd-drive. As I understand the function could be enabled by using a special ebbrake/footbrake sequenc or groundinh some wire. plese tell me the details.

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
389 Posts
this is a very old old thread but from what i know with my install was the wire that connects to the parking brake needs to be grounded. thats what i did with mine and it plays dvds in motion..

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
felline said:
please let me know. what wire to be groundes in my honda accord CN2. This car seeme to be identical to the tsx or even very similar.....
so you're in Germany or where ? :donno:

I know North America TSX and Japanese Accord DVD-ROM drive can NOT play video DVD, not sure about models in other countries.

·
Registered
6 Posts
chyllintsx said:
do you know what systems out there now can allow u to watch dvd while driving?
I GOT THE PAC INTERFAVE FOR MY NAV AND IT HAVES TWO INPUT ONE FOR THE REAR VIEW CAMERA AND THER OTHER FOR THE DVD THE WAY THEY SET MINES UP IS W/ A RELAY THAT SEND THE SAME SIGNAL AS THE E BRAKE SO THAT WITH A SWITH YOU COULD SEE THE DVD WILE U DRIVE

1 - 18 of 18 Posts