Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
AT MAGIC
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys so my awd project has started. i have my shell and luckily found a modulo nose clip today so i grabbed it. im still on the hunt for a cl8 rear subframe from japan but no one seems to have one. anyone in japan? or any contacts?

just to let you know my old brown tsx flooded on 409 by martingrove last year so i plan to have this project Matte Brown. A lot of civics other modified cars I see going brown for some reason now -_'-

Ill keep posting pics as I go along

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
this will be sick!

·
inVTECwetrust
8 Posts
Gotta keep this alive. Are you using the basic Honda 4wd or are you gonna go SH-AWD?

SH-AWD would be harder to convert since you'll have to get a custom harness for the sensors and all but it would be way more than worth it because the regular Honda 4wd/ awd is only good for starting out in slippery conditions and even then it's lacking. You need your TSX to curve the corners like it does now, but better with torque vectoring! haha

·
, Admin, Marketplace
2,147,483,650 Posts
Any updates on this OP ?

·
AT MAGIC
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sticking to the original hind awd. I feel as if the awd would kick in and assist in the lineup .. and disengage for the rest of the way...hopefully giving me a good 1/4 mile time

I'm still asking importers to find this for me. Till now it seems like no one has a crashed cl8. I have no contacts in Jamaica. Anyone there or have family there that can assist me. Or even in japan ? I need your help guys as I'm a bit stuck sourcing the parts.

Other than that the shell has engine tranny which is being removed today. ..and exhaust.

·
inVTECwetrust
8 Posts
Superior Jamaica

These guys specialize in Honda's only it seems in Jamaica. Contact them. Join the forum and ask questions. I want to see this get off the ground!

I still strongly suggest SH-AWD. It reverts to FWD only after a certain speed is reached like the lower end AWD systems from Honda, but unlike the lower ends, FWD slip isn't needed to engage the rear diff. You can get a faster off the line time.

I think you could get by with using the K23T, SH-AWD and needed ECU's from the 1G RDX and replace the 5AT with a 6MT from a TL SH-AWD (The K23 block only bolts up to V6 trans).

Or you could use K23turbo internals in a K24a2 and keep the true VTEC cams (K23 has fake VTEC and it's only on the Intake side.) But you minus well have internals built for the K24 to keep the stroke and torque up along with a better turbo.

lol confusing, sorry.
Possible configurations:

K23aT 5AT and SH-AWD (1G RDX SH-AWD)
K23aT with swapped 4G TL 6speed and SH-AWD (1G RDX SH-AWD and 4G TL SH-AWD)
K24a2 with RDX Turbo and built internals and CR-V 5AT and VTM-4... (CR-V stuff, Boooo!)

I like the complexity of the K23 Turbo from the 1G RDX bolted to a 4G TL SH-AWD 6-Speed and the SH-AWD system from a newer Acura (MDX or TLX) because it's lighter and more efficient. You'll need to get some ECU's and harnesses working though but oh so worth it.

·
AT MAGIC
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you so much for a that info. I was planning on getting the rear end from the cl8 and using 2005 crv 5mt with the crv diff. The electronic sensors may be a bit too much to the project cost.

I was planning on k24a2 bottom sleeved with a K20a2 fully built head...aiming to push 700hp safely. The cost involved with engine, turbo, and other accessories is already looking at decent chun out of my pocket. Nonetheless ...

Going with the k23 and the sh awd system is a neat idea but what ecu and what harness. Doing a tl v6 sh awd turbo did cross my mind ... but then the sensors and all that. PM me your #

·
inVTECwetrust
8 Posts
Yeah the electronics is going to be tough. I'm 18 and don't know everything but I would have to guess that you can have harness built and have ECU's tuned to work. I don't know just how much the car relies on the ECU (What all it controls, because it'd different in car to car). Maybe just have one ECU for the engine and trans and have another for the rest of the car, run them parallel and jump switches, lol rig it.

SH-AWD is all electronic. I believe it requires steering, throttle, yaw, lateral G, and a few other sensors to work. SH-AWD has like 3 ECU's of it's own as well. I don't know if they have to have special sensors (TL SH-AWD system won't work with a SH-AWD sensor from a MDX vice versa?) or what. Plus I'm pretty sure it requires a SH-AWD engine ECU to even work.

So lets say you go with a K23 for the following:
-Pre-built internals
-V6 trans bolt pattern on the block (No 6-speed AWD tarns for the K series exist I don't think)
-The engine's ECU works with SH-AWD (The ECU has a potential draw back)

However:
-The engine is bulkier than a K24, even without the top mounted intercooler.
-The ECU may not support VTEC and VTC on both Intake and Exhaust sides if you use a K20 head (even there you have a oil passage that needs to be addressed).
-The engine is not a drop in (Different mounts)

But with the K23 you can get a 6 speed manual trans with AWD compatibility from a TL and you get a pre-uilt turbocharged engine with a ECU ready for SH-AWD leaving you to fabricate mounts for the drive train that you can't locate and wire the sensors up (Assuming the ones in the TSX will communicate with the SH-AWD ECU's or if you could swap the sensors out with ones form the TL or RDX and have the TSX still function properly). Then you can have the K20a head addressed with the K23 block, and start from there on reaching your power goal.

A lot has to be tested because no one wants to touch the K23 and SH-AWD. If you could get a 6 speed trans with a AWD application that bolt to a K24 then do that and build up the K24 and have the ECU worked with to work with the SH-AWD.

I personally don't care for 1000HP because I'm not a racer. I'm a 18 year old who wants to be a car designer for Acura. But I also enjoy quirks and niche's, so a 260HP SH-AWD TSX or AWD Del Sol with the Acura Vigor/ TL's 5 cylinder or a Honda CR-Z with the 7G Accord Hybrid V6 and SH-AWD that looks like it came form factory is m cup of tea. I'm not capable of those things likely but I dream them up like grandma bakes cookies.

·
, Admin, Marketplace
2,147,483,650 Posts
Nice update !

·
AT MAGIC
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hopefully in 2 weeks ill have delivery of the parts. just requested for rear windshield with complete wiper motor and arm. rare mods :) gotta love em

·
Registered
377 Posts
Dam can't wait to see this unique beauty good luck man wit it hope everything goes smooth wit no headaches & on time if anything u need find parts u can check they import JDM parts I giv u there number or on IG @jdm_kings for more info they are in south Florida so I guess since we are by the Caribbean they can get parts or got a connect in Jamaica I have got parts there giv a call to: 3056873200

·
AT MAGIC
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oh so excited. cant wait! no update other than these butterflies in my stomach. it would be a dream to finish this car and have it featured in fast n furious 8 :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts