Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing work on front passenger side and damaged the ABS ring on the axle. I tried to straighten it out but now I get wrong wheel size code. Does anyone know where I could the the ring without buying the whole axle. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes there is a ring in the knuckle right above ball joint. There is a gap in it where the ABS sensor comes through. I know about that one but on the axle is a ring that rest inside of the one in the knuckle that I damaged. Now that sensor is saying that tire is spinning at a different speed then the rest and giving me a mismatched tire code.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Send a pic?
The abs sensor reads a magnetic wheel which acts as the outer seal of the wheel bearing. There is no reluctor wheel on the nose of the axle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Maybe it aligns something. IDK. I'm doing it tomorrow. I'll let you know if it fixes it.
I don't think you can get the tone ring separately. I've never seen one available except with a new or remanufactured axle. I didn't realize those can even be removed. At least I haven't seen any axles where it can be removed. That actually doesn't even look like the correct c/v joint in the picture. Even though our parts catalog isn't the best looking images when searching for parts, that joint just doesn't look right.

Our catalog actually looks more like this:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Maybe it aligns something. IDK. I'm doing it tomorrow. I'll let you know if it fixes it.
that’s just to help protect the bearing from debris. You may have inadvertently knocked rust/metal onto the magnetic ring of the Bearing which will be trapped behind that notched metal ring you mentioned in an earlier post. or the magnetic ring was damaged .

·
Registered
14 Posts
tsxxx is correct, just checked the factory service manual the magnetic ring is part of the wheel bearing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Changed the axle and cleaned it out good, didn't fix it. Axle was under warranty so it didn't cost me anything. You can see the ring in the hub that the sensor reads. I'll hook up the reader and get real-time data tomorrow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts