Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The past 2 weeks, cars been giving me a lot of noise issues..

When put in drive, no noise but when i start accelerate, I get the clunking noise, sounds like front right side, and it disappears.

When its cruising low speed, you hear this pulsing low grinding sound. Hard to describe.. and sometimes when I come to complete stop, I get another clunking sound.. As if something was throwing against something.

Other than that, the car drives well.

Transmission gets 3 bottle drain and fill every 3 month. I am on the newer synthetic fluid.

Im thinking of replacing the right axle and the inner joint. I do have a slight vibration issue around 50-60, like the steering wheel sort of shakes a bit, very minor. That makes me think of the inner joint issue..

Any suggestions or just get it replace and see what happens next ?

05 TSX, A Spec suspension, 160K

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
sounds like a cv joint. probably ripped the boot and have been collecting dirt and debris since.

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im thinking axle too and might as well replace the inner one too..

Left axle is newish, about 1 yr old, no rips because I just did oil change over the weekend and the boots are not ripped.

Those bearings are probably shot from all the bad nyc roads

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
Do the joint asap, mine siezed and broke my trans, I'm having a hard time finding another trans, one so far at $1400 with 90k miles

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do the joint asap, mine siezed and broke my trans, I'm having a hard time finding another trans, one so far at $1400 with 90k miles

Which joint ? the inner one ? dang that sucked. I have appointment tomorrow at 9.. hope it'll be good after

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
Inner, heeltoe has a fix on their site, $120 parts. Common on 04s also

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.