Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 M/T tsx. I’m not new to this axle issue as I’ve replaced about ~12 on this car, but it’s getting too annoying. Since going even lower than I was before this year, I’ve only used new aftermarket axles from auto zone/advanced auto parts and let’s say they only last a month before it’s time to change again. I’ve seen the about the “fix” to the issue by heeltoe with the inner joint rebuild kit, but I’m wondering how long it lasts? Does anyone know about or if axle spacers for these cars exist that help the situation? Or any reputable engine raise kits that can help with the bind? I already know aftermarket axles don’t fix the vibrations, instead make it worse, probably because of the missing abs ring I’ve heard. Oem used axles have lasted me the longest but even then don’t last too long and now cost the same as brand new aftermarket ones. I’m adding pictures of my tsx as example of how low it is, Ik there is people out there lower and static at that. I’m also adding a picture of the passenger side axle where the problem resides. If it isn’t the boot that breaks (eventually leaking all the grease), then it’s destroying itself from the inside. So in the end I’m looking for solutions to not keep replacing axles because of insane vibrations. I don’t mind the small vibrations as of rn since it’s not like I can race this with the stance. I also heard of a recommendation about trying a 09 civic si passenger axle? Not sure if it’s even compatible

·
Registered
29 Posts
write or call Marty at RAXLES.... He gets calls and builds quality his own joints, TSX joints...Mike Duffy-call RAXLES, Marty is great, also since I have read, just the IMS bearing is not enough, supposedly the axle splines that gon into the differential are worped/chewed up...The clutch casee is 21200-RAR-M00=TSX....The Euro R case is just a USDM market 03-07 Accord casing, SORRY I FORGOT, THE CLUTCH BELL HOUSING AS WELL.. EUERO-R/USDM 3 mount casing for the bell housing,part #21000-rap-315 will get you the Euor-R cl7 transaxle and you are 10 lbs heavier but 3x stronger...And no effin' galvanic corrosion with the magnesium

·
Registered
29 Posts
DO NOT BUY INSANE SHAFTS. I made the mistake and went against everything I read. They mean exactly what their brand is - insane....amount of vibrations on the passenger side from 20-30mph. Contact Raxles (Marty specifically) because they have a super killer deal on a pair with and without "core". I regret my purchase of Insane Shafts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Looks like we ran into some issues. Please come back and try again later