Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Stop looking at me, SWAN!
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put on new Centric rotors and Axxis Ultimate brakes about 3 weeks ago and am now past the 500 mile break in period. Install took a good afternoon and holy crap were some of the bolts a pain in the ass to get off, so do yourself a favor and BUY the biggest torque wrench you can.

As far as the brakes, they have amazingly more bite than the stock P.O.S. most people have and they get hungrier for more stopping power the warmer they get ... very nice.

Only complaint is the brake dust from the Axxis brakes. They are HORRENDOUSLY dusty. Usually this is the domain of any modern Audi or Benz owner, but I am going to have to wash my baby at least once a week to keep the dust down.

This is exactly one week after cleaning and polishing my wheels (and yeah, you can thank my Ex for the nice wheel scrapes in this pic):

Saw on some other forums that a lot of people recommended putting regular synthetic wax on the rims to keep the dust down, or use some Michelin brake dust spray, or there are plenty of wheel wax products that swear to do the same.

Bottom line: love the new Centric rotors and Axxis Ultimates, just wish the dust where a little less!

·
Scientisting since 2005
1,232 Posts
could just be the break in period.... i know in the past hawk hps's for some people were low dust.....for me they were dirty as HELL

also man, check out using wheel wax... sorta just like wax for your car but you put it on yur wheels.... makes cleaning that shit off 10 times easier

heard good stuff about this:
.:: WheelWax ::.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Yea the Ultimates dust like crazy, just get some car wax at autozone and put a coat on. The dust should come off easier and will also protect the rims from the elements.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I couldn't stand the break dust on the hawks HP+ so I went back to HPS... I miss the braking power though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts