Acura TSX Forum banner

"Back off!" Tailgater switch

5K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  Aragrev7 
#1 ·
Finally able to find time to get this done. Didn't take long at all! I decided to do this mod because of all the tailgaters out there. Really annoying when you're lowered too.
Note: These should only be used as a last resort. And only flashed as you would an oncoming driver who left the high beams on! Blinding people behind you is asking them to rear end you Use responsibly :)
So! I rigged up a line that will run power into the reverse lighting at the flick of a switch. And as some of may now, my Custom reverse LED setup is nice and bright :).
Power tapped using an add-a-fuse with my DRL circuit.

Studied a wiring diagram to figure out that all I need is to run the power to the unified wire powering the reverse lights. For an MT, it is a single green dotted wire that can be found behind the driver side seat.

Powered:

Design:

Night shot:
Unfortunately, my driver side LED projection bulb is out :( that's why the trailer is not as illuminated as the walkway.

See less See more
Reactions: DeSEBticoN
#3 ·
Lol! You didn't read any of my poetry :(
It was pretty easy to wire up. Actually very simple.
I have it on a toggle switch so I can use when brake warning doesn't work on tailgaters.

#16 ·
If they're really tailgating badly, I just downshift on them. :)
I live in a city that is described by "newly wed or nearly dead". It's young people who suck at driving (a lot of new university students too), or really old people.
If I slow down without signaling them, they will rear end me. I don't want to deal with that lol.
It's not good for the tranny, but it gets the message across.
You should be rev matching, then you're fine :) even a quick double clutch for good measure.

#21 ·
Lol! Cool your engines man. This is no different than someone leaving their high beams on when driving at you, or running up behind you. It makes them slow down. AND should only be used as states in first post ;). They'll slow down pronto. They're following you, so they go where you go instinctively, which is on the road.

Plus the things you're allowed to sue for down there is downright silly. Robber falls through a skylight during a home invasion. Sues owner? I burned myself on hot coffee, sue? Lol! Of course it's hot! :D Lucky devils! I want to be rich too!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#19 ·
Nice, i've been wanting to do this. Just last night I had some idiot in an SUV tailgate me and had their high beams on the entire time (luckily I have 20% tint in addition to the auto dimming mirror). This was on a one lane road and I was already 10-15km/h over the posted limit...

#20 ·
Exactly what I'm talking about. There are a few lifted bronco bros driving are that don't Iike lowered cars out of principle. They say they do that on purpose because they think its funny.

#23 ·
If im getting pulled over by the cop and i know im getting a ticked for sure and if i had this mod i would strobe the shit out of them lights give the fuzz taste of their own medicine with their shiny ass bright lights all up in my rear view and side view and a damn flashlight in my face , dafaque man it makes me feel like ive died and im seeing jeezus in the bright light at the end of the tunnel,,,,,, not cool po po,,,,, not cool !!!!

all of this is hypothetically speaking off course :D ( NSA keeping tabs got to behave )

#24 ·
Lol you get guns drawn for sure. Followed by a knee in the back, and head on the door frame :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.