Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my back up camera. I bought the 08 Accord replacement off Ebay (this may be related to the issue)

The license plate lights which are on the camera itself are VERY dim to the point of not being noticeable at all.
Has anyone else encountered this issue with their 08 accord back up camera?
The camera itself works pretty good, but the license plate lights are what are very dim and extremely poor.

I'm inclined to pick up another one since they are only 30-50$, I wanted to see if anyone else has bought a camera with this issue as well.
I'll try and get a pic up tonight.

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
72 Posts
I bought the same kind and mine is extremely bright. So bright that it's makes the led light I bought look dim.
Ditto what he said. Mine makes the other led bulb I have in the left license plate light look dim.

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for that feedback guys, Im gonna buy another one, it sounds like the camera I have right now has some defective LED's.
I bought LED license plate lights from V-LED's, the color is spot on but the lights on this camera are a joke!

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I finally got my replacement camera in and installed, and what a difference! the quality is MUCH better than the crappy cam I had. The license plate lights also work as they should, except they are a slightly different white than the LED bulb I have.. I need to shop around to get the right color white...
I'll get some pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I finally got my replacement camera in and installed, and what a difference! the quality is MUCH better than the crappy cam I had. The license plate lights also work as they should, except they are a slightly different white than the LED bulb I have.. I need to shop around to get the right color white...
I'll get some pics tomorrow.
got those pics yet? I'm interested.

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got a few of the camera in operation but not the lights.
I'm actually getting another camera sent to me, as it appears the camera is crooked :p
Newer cam just installed:

old cam pic for reference:

·
Registered
170 Posts
The guide lines are nice to have. Is this the ccd one that's being sold by a zillion different sellers on ebay? They all look identical, except some are cmos and some are ccd. Prices are all over the place. CCD cams like the wendy cam used to be $120.00 on ebay. Prices have come down a lot, and they fit perfectly in the license plate cover. I wish these were around when I bought my cam years ago. Accord cam looks essentially oem, and you don't have to worry about angling/drilling/taping the cam to the trunk lid.

·
What to put here?
1,990 Posts
I'm actually getting another camera sent to me, as it appears the camera is crooked :p
The cameras I've seen are slightly angled towards the passengers side to compensate for being off center. If you install it on the driver's side it should be close to center while if you install it on the passenger side it will be crooked.

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Every oem backup cam I've seen is installed on the passenger side though :confused:
When I get the new cam in Ill give it a shot...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.