Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna white out the front side reflectors that are currently orange. What's the best way to do it? Has anyone done this simple mod? Was it easy to take off the front headlight plastic?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
It's not really all that simple. You need to drop the front bumper to remove the headlight assembly, and then remove the ballast and bulbs from the headlight. Next, bake it in your oven to open the headlight up. 225 degrees F, 10 minutes, no preheating. You may have to throw it in again after prying open one corner.

Now that you have it apart, you need to decide what to do with it. You can take out the orange diffuser, but IMO it looks like crap without anything there. There are no aftermarket diffusers out yet, although I hear that one is in the works. Your other option would be to smoke it using a spray tint; this would look allright I suppose but would probably dim the output of the sidemarker to the point where you probably wouldn't be seen from the side at night. Then you need to worry about sealing the assembly back up so that moisture doesn't get in. Use butyl caulk, and heat it in the oven again before sealing.

There's also the JDM assemblies that already have smoked sidemarkers, but they're all RHD beam patterns, and not cheap.

I personally would wait until there's an aftermarket diffuser.......

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Smoked markers ... JDM? It looks more clear to me than smoked. Buy European market assembly headlights. These have the LHD beam patterns requirement.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
The only ones I've seen for sale are from BPT, and they're JDM....the sidemarker is like a dark grey.

Do any vendors offer the EDM lights?

In any event, I'm hoping within a couple of months that there's an aftermarket diffuser available, which would put the cost around maybe $75.00 or so to get that look. The JDM housings are like $600, can't imagine EDM would be any less. With some cars, switching to JDM or EDM means better lighting (i.e. getting projectors or H.I.D.'s), so a big price tag would have been justified, but since we already got all the good stuff, IMO it's too much $$$$$$.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Just the lighting and constructed material used, it's actually clear/white. You can probably check with BPT for European variants, after all they get their stuff directly from overseas Honda. But yes, the price will be similar no doubts.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
Noel said:
Just the lighting and constructed material used, it's actually clear/white
Hmmm..I see what you mean. In all the pics I've ever seen, mostly from the side, they looked very dark. But in this pic, from the front, it does look clear:

Same car from the side:

When I think of clear corners, this is what I see. These wouldn't looked smoked under any lighting conditions :)

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
I think the Honda one looks more subtle, the BMW clear corners look a bit "rice" if you ask me.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
hey lanny, do you know where to get those clear corners on that blue tsx u have above? thats looks sick, its been a while since anyone wrote here so ionno if anything new, please advice thanx

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
chyllintsx said:
hey lanny, do you know where to get those clear corners on that blue tsx u have above? thats looks sick, its been a while since anyone wrote here so ionno if anything new, please advice thanx

That Blue one is a Honda Accord Euro (w/a Mugen Body Kit), So thats the way the headlights came from the factory...ill find u the link for the 50$ ones... and post it i ur orginal thread...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts