Acura TSX Forum banner

681 - 697 of 697 Posts

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,287 Posts
Sorry for noob question, but can someone confirm that for an 08 TSX, the DVD player is in the trunk on the right side or something and the easiest way of getting to it? Thanks much!
Yes, that's the "DVD player" for the navigation. The harness for the camera plugs right into the back of it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Does anyone have the schematic for what each pin on the back of the DVD unit is for? If I cant find a harness to directly connect my OEM Acura camera I will need to wire it up myself.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Guys I would buy the plug from eBay it works well and no headaches I went chasing around town to custom buy these parts to make it after the hours put into it, I decided it was best to buy the plug directly, saves a lot of time and headaches.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Guys I would buy the plug from eBay it works well and no headaches I went chasing around town to custom buy these parts to make it after the hours put into it, I decided it was best to buy the plug directly, saves a lot of time and headaches.
That plug from ebay only works for aftermarket cameras not OEM which is my problem.

·
Dach TSX
27 Posts
Just to let everyone know the 2001 - 2005 Acura 1.7 EL actually has a 7 pin connector socket. I believe its located by the bottom of the steering column. There should be numerous green connector sockets located there, if you can find a part out car

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can confirm that if you upgrade your 2004/05 TSX navigation drive to the newer 06-08 drive (which has the green camera port) it will be a plug in play upgrade. The unit i purchased from the junk yard (2007) didnt have the DVD in it so cant say anything about the maps but the upgraded interface for A/C and Radio is a huge plus. I also tested this DIY camera mod for it and works perfectly!!! exactly why i wanted to upgrade the navigation drive to start with. You guys rock! Thank you!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but there appear to be plenty of commercial modification kits available (for a pile of money) for the 2006+ models, but the hardware to create a mod should not really cost very much if you are handy with your hands and work with electrical cable. In my case, I have a 2004 TSX that I am very fond of, but it has the NAV DVD that does NOT have the additional port. In all the time that this thread has existed, has no one come up with a simple mod to create the cable necessary to share a backup camera with the DVD video output and is switched by putting the car in reverse? All that should be necessary is two video sources (NAV and Camera) and a 12 volt relay that switches the video when you shift into reverse. If anyone has a solution for creating the correct adapter for the original NAVI DVD in a 2004 TSX I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance. -John

·
Registered
215 Posts
From my understanding of many years ago and today, the issue is not the availability of a modification for 2005 and below years but rather the lack of ability to tap into the existing port to be able to add a camera.

I'll let others chime in if this is no longer the case.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I understand that this mod will be more difficult on the 2004 model, but I have no problem modifying the cable to do what I want to accomplish. What I need to know to do this is the technical information on the existing Nav/DVD. I need to know which port on the back of the DVD is the video output, and which wire(s) carry the video signal. I have been unsuccessful in locating that info on the internet. It seems Everyone has taken the path of least resistance by just replacing the DVD drive. If anyone knows where I can get my hands on the technical info, I would be very grateful

681 - 697 of 697 Posts