Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
instagram:emseecoy
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was around 1:00p.m. and i was heading home from school. Being in the far left lane adjacent to the carpool lane, I saw a shiny piece of metal fly 3 lanes from the right to my lane. I was going about 75mph and when the object made contact with my car, it made a huge pop noise that made my ear ring...

Its semi-raining in Socal and I just unfortunately run into this problem....and the meet is this weekend too ):

Any advice where to get a replacement would be grateful.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Performance
8,413 Posts
I'd say call your local dealer and see what they advise and/or call some local automotive window shops

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
Ouch. I think its like 500-600 bucks for a new OEM windshield. I know there is a glue you can put on the cracks so the cracks don't get any bigger but you'll have an eye sore until you get it replaced.

If you're trying to save money, I know that there are non-OEM windshields that sell for less, but perhaps the level of quality is different.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Performance
8,413 Posts
Be Ghetto-asian and put some saran wrap! :tu:

·
DiRTBAG Jose!
1,306 Posts
damn thats f'd up McCoy.sorry to hear.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
damn...gl

·
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
were you on the 57? because this happened to me twice on the 57 near when you pass the 91. -_- sucks man.
This happened on the 91 after passing the 5.

In the end, I called insurance...paid 100 deductable.....hopefully i can get it repaired tomorrow....

·
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dayum sucks to hear something like this to happen :O
So you dont know what came at you?
It all happened in a mere 2 seconds. I just know it was flat and thin almost like a sheet of metal. After it flew over, I saw it fly near the center divider and was glad it didnt hit anyone else...

·
Let me...help you!
1,335 Posts
It all happened in a mere 2 seconds. I just know it was flat and thin almost like a sheet of metal. After it flew over, I saw it fly near the center divider and was glad it didnt hit anyone else...
Reminds me of when I was heading to a meet years ago at super autobacs in Stanton. The SUV in front of me kicked up a huge piece of metal (looked like it was the door of one of those utility trucks). Since it was windy that day, the sheet of metal just kept rolling at me. I couldn't avoid it, and just waited for it to hit me.

After I pulled over, I found out that since I had relocated my license plate down, the plate took the full force of the hit and bent as it absorbed the hit. My bumper was miraculously safe.

I hope you get that fixed asap with minimal inconvenience, and I hope you don't get pulled over in the meantime.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts