Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
mymothercountry
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone tried to remove badges on the car yet? if so, how did you do it? what do i need to watch out for? and also when you removed it, did you have holes?

thanks

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
The H, or in our case A may be attached by two rivets. I'll have to look into it.
The other badges are held on by two sided tape. You can remove them with dental floss, and cleaner wax (to remover the left over glue from the tape).
I did this on my Civic Si, and it looked nice and clean. I have been thinking of doing the same on my TSX, but have for now left the badges on.

·
mymothercountry
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's an A ... i wish it was JDM...but thanks for the advice...i just don't want to start and than end it up w/ holes in the trunk...cuz i don't like that whole idea of priming and painting over...but thanks

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
The "Acura", and "TSX" badges can be removed as stated.. But the "A" will leave you with two holes.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Joker said:
The H, or in our case A may be attached by two rivets. I'll have to look into it.
The other badges are held on by two sided tape. You can remove them with dental floss, and cleaner wax (to remover the left over glue from the tape).....
Yes -- oddly, that seems to be the way to do it.

Although I think the badges on the TSX are :king:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm just curious as to what the attraction is in removing badges? Is it for a smoother look, or just to be different?

A long time ago a badgeless car to me meant it was repainted & the emblems were left off. I know that's not the case these days.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
All the badges give the rear of the car a clustered look. I am undecided about the TSX, so for now have left them on.
But with my Si, it looked much more clean (smooth) without the two badges (Civic, and Si).

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
Gives it a cleaner look. I'm takingmine off once I get off my ass to do it.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Yes, maybe, but.....don't you think "TSX" is beautiful? I'm serious.
The letters, the logo, just the basic idea, everything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Joker said:
The "Acura", and "TSX" badges can be removed as stated.. But the "A" will leave you with two holes.

Put an "H" over it and get Accord logo as well. This will confuse the lame people. While it is infact an Accord, a true Accord.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
The front grille assembly is different for the Acura and Honda emblem. You'll need toe Honda grille assembly if you want a Honda emblem instead of an Acura emblem. Vice-versa.

Rear is the same, while the rest of the emblems can be easily sourced outside of the North Americas region.

·
owned ur ass
200 Posts
Has anyone ever seen any pictures of a tsx without emblems??? if so please post them, id like to see how it looks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts