Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it wise to replace the rotors with the brake pads at the same time? My front pads are gone so i'm ordering a set of front hawk hps brakepads but i don't think i need to switch out my oem rotors yet.

Also, it shouldn't be a big deal if i don't change my rear rotors/pads since they still have a lot of life right? I figure i just won't get as good braking power compared to switching the whole set of brake pads.

·
What to put here...
1,050 Posts
Normally on this car, the rears go out about twice as fast as the fronts for whatever reason. Are you sure your rear pads aren't nearing the end of their life as well?

Personally I think the OEM rotors are crap -- they are the source of countless complaints on this forum and others. If you want, get a quality set of blanks and do the pads and rotors at the same time to save yourself the time and effort of doing it twice. Plus, you're guaranteed to get better braking performance and without wearing the new pads with grooves (around the outer edge of the rotor, it can build a rust ridge, which wears down the very edge of the new pads... new rotors won't be a mis-match with the new pads).

Just my opinion!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Is it wise to replace the rotors with the brake pads at the same time? My front pads are gone so i'm ordering a set of front hawk hps brakepads but i don't think i need to switch out my oem rotors yet.

Also, it shouldn't be a big deal if i don't change my rear rotors/pads since they still have a lot of life right? I figure i just won't get as good braking power compared to switching the whole set of brake pads.
if your rotors are warped then change them, otherwise you can continue using them.

As for the rear, you said there is still lots of pad left. So you dont need to change them yet.

but like the other poster said, if you want better braking then dont get oem rotors.

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
when i upgraded to bbk and took out all my rotors and pads... the rear pads were more waisted then the front... so yea check your rear pads as well.. just upgrade front and back goodluck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts