Acura TSX Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I found an aftermarket plug in Bluetooth from “GTA Car Kits” check it out on YouTube, haven’t installed it yet but looks like a great alternative if you want Bluetooth.
Here in Edmonton the fine for distracted driving is $200+ so this is a no brainer

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
My battery died after coming back from long vacation + cold weather.

I decided to do a parasitic draw test and found the car draining at 0.2A after ~30s.

Disconnected the HFL module, and did a battery upgrade, hopefully no winter downtime.
HFL has been working fine, but I rarely used it, so I decided to just disconnect it.

To get to the module, I removed the kickpanel under the gloved box, the door deal panel.
I thought having less than less than .5A using a 10Amp multimeter is ok for cars, seems like you only had a .2A draw shouldnt be killing your battery? Im not expert with electrical systems but i had to do a parasitic test on my other car and from all the youtube vids using a multimeter set at 10Ait shouldnt be over .5A? correct me if im wrong.

My TSX has been dying so was planning to do the parasitic draw test to see if the HFL module is whats killing the battery over the week of not driving it

21 - 23 of 23 Posts