Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back in town and found the battery completely dead on 06 TSX. The key remotes will not unlock the doors or the trunk because there is no power to do so. I am the original owner and have all three of the original keys. None of them will unlock the driver side door (only door with key hole) lock manually. There is no resistance when I turn the keys in either direction on the driver's door, leading me to believe this is also an electric locking mechanism. I've done a search and have come up empty. Does anyone know the trick to manually unlocking the doors?

Thanks,
Ken

·
-
1,586 Posts
The drivers door key lock is mechanical. It has to be in case of a dead battery.

In your case, your drivers door lock must be mechanically failing which is very unfortunate.
Keep playing with it, trying to get it open.

If you can't get the door open, there is no easy way to get into the car.
I'm thinking that since the hood is cable operated, you can somehow access the cable thru the grill.
Pull on the cable with a strong hook or even cut the cable and pull on the inner cable with pliers.

If you are not mechanical, perhaps a call to a tow company and they can release the door lock with a "slim jim".
A tool they can slide between the door and window to get into the car.

This is good reminder for all of us to check the drivers door lock with a key to avoid this situation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response. It was what I needed to hear in order to give up on trying to figure out how to get inside of the car. I had AAA come out and it literally took the guy about 1 minute to get into my vehicle. He used an airbag to slightly pry the upper part of the door away from the frame just enough to get a snare in to catch the post inside and pull it up. Looks like the manual lock on the drivers door has malfunctioned but at least it is open now so I can get to work on getting it running again.

·
, Admin, Marketplace
2,147,483,650 Posts
Glad you got in and can get everything fixed !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts