Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my battery die in may of 2011. It was covered under warranty and replaced. The last 8 months my positive terminal keeps growing the green fuzz. I have cleaned and applied electrical grease but, it keeps coming back. I was wondering if Acura's batteries come with there own warranty and will they cover it or at least prorate it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Better to call and ask them. One thing you can do in the mean time is, put these little pads that go at the base of the battery terminal. They should help reduce the corrosion, along with the electrical grease. Wouldn't hurt to take a metal brush to the corrosion as well.

·
Registered
292 Posts
If your + terminal is or has a high copper content the green fuzz is verdigrease. This grows when copper reacts with acid, and with the air.

If you scrub it and don't kill it it will keep coming back.

Use white spirit or several swabs of white vinegar or lemon juice to clean it off and when it's dry, apply electrical grease.

Verdigrease is very poisonous so be careful when handling it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a similar problem with my previous car (a Lincoln Town Car) which was prone to battery corrosion on the positive terminal. I cleaned it out the first week, but it returned. I promptly repeated the same twice with fine sandpaper on the terminals and cleaned it again; it never came back. However, the same had occurred with a friend, and he got the battery replaced under warranty since the corrosion was recurring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.