Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a set and will be installing them next week. I haven't found any write ups on these for the TSX yet but people are rating them positively with the best bang for the buck.

What have you guys heard about them??

·
, Administrator, TOTM Coordinator
6,858 Posts
Havent read anything on these coils yet, be sure to post a review and pics when you get it installed to give the TSX/Accord community more options in suspension.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I definitely will. Here are the specs:

-Mono-tube shock design
-30 levels of damping force adjustment, adjust compression/rebound
-Pillowball mounts and adjustable camber plates included (where applicable)
-Adjustable rear camber plates available
-Separate full length height adjustable
-One year warranty
-Rebuildable
-Coilovers use 46mm pistons and 53mm shock housings, the enlarged shock cartridges with specially designed pistons and rods provide a wide range of damping force.
-Valves are constructed of special spring steel, which outperforms stainless steels and produces longer valve life. Valve stacks use a patented deflective system to provide more precise control.
-Patented concave lower locking ring, to prevent unseating.
-Springs are made of SAE9254 high strength, durable steel. Compression tested at over 500,000 tires with less than 5% deformation.
-T6061 Aluminum utilized in spring locks and seats for high strength and lightweight.
-Iron lower brackets on MacPherson struts to ensure rigidity.
-Piston rods are constructed of highly polished steel to lengthen oil seal life and prevent leaking.
-High pressure inner rod guide seals ensure a perfect fit for consistent fade resistant damping and long shock life.
-2 step coating process utilizing nickel and chromium plating to prevent corrosion.
-Newly developed lubricant oil in shock cartridges minimizes aeration and cavitation.
-An additional bearing beneath each pillowball mount provides the smoothest action and prolongs the lifetime of the pillowball itself.

Took the info off the BC Racing site. One thing that It doesn't include is the adjustability of camber in the front. Would of been nice.

·
UKDM Guru
216 Posts
Ive had my set for over a year no and im more than happy with how their coping with the rubbish scottish roads over here. Ive been on track once too and the car handled perfectly. Although i have mine set up for a good road holding alignment.

You cant adjust camber with these coilovers, thats only on macpherson strut equipped cars like ep3's and dc5's. You'll need the skunk2 camber arms as our cars are double wishbone so the only way to adjust camber is from the top sliding balljoint on the skunk2 arms

·
Low Is A Lifestyle
4,116 Posts
lester has them on his white tsx on ccw.

great quality coilovers especially for the price.
probably the stiffest coilovers you can get for the tsx.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
My brother has them in his Altima... and I don't know if I'm getting old but I find them way to stiff for street use, I like a firmer ride.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
These are pretty popular for the subaru guys. Only complaint from them are squeaks, clunks, and other suspension noises. Anyone else have similar complaints?

Also, where can these be purchased from?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got the coils installed yesterday and all I can say is amazing! This is my first set of coilovers so i have nothing to compare to other than the stock suspension. Signifcantly less body roll, less nose dive on hard braking. Steering is so much more responsive. Firmness is just about right. I have it set to 16/32 for front and rear. I find that the setup takes in bumps so much better that stock which was a surprise to me.

PICS

http://imageshack.us/f/62/tsxc.jpg
http://imageshack.us/f/17/tsx2.jpg/

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I got the coils installed yesterday and all I can say is amazing! This is my first set of coilovers so i have nothing to compare to other than the stock suspension. Signifcantly less body roll, less nose dive on hard braking. Steering is so much more responsive. Firmness is just about right. I have it set to 16/32 for front and rear. I find that the setup takes in bumps so much better that stock which was a surprise to me.

PICS

Imageshack - tsxc.jpg
Imageshack - tsx2.jpg

Where did you get the coilovers from?

·
2,608 Posts
My friend has a set of BC Racing coilovers on his 2nd gen TSX, even though his car is slammed the ride quality feels pretty good.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,037 Posts
I picked mine up at a local shop here in Toronto. Nextmod.
Oh nice, I was thinking about trying these coilovers as well... Just wondering how stiff they are considering Toronto roads arent the greatest. LOLz

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh nice, I was thinking about trying these coilovers as well... Just wondering how stiff they are considering Toronto roads arent the greatest. LOLz
They ride suprisingly well for the streetz of Toronto. I have them set right in the middle of hard and soft for dampening. Its perfect!

·
Low Is A Lifestyle
4,116 Posts
i sell bc coils if you're interested.

·
Registered
44 Posts
BC racing coilovers? A buddy of mine had them installed a couple months back, and he hasnt had any complaints! hahah Good luck man! and yeah, he did mention they were the best bang for the buck, I wanted to get HT spec type 2, but i'll be doing more research before lowing my car. I don't have any pictures of my car yet, but before christmas, I will have DC5 itr rims on, lowered 3inches, jdm headlights, but man.. can't find the grills. PM me if you guys have any you'd want to sell. :)

·
Registered
856 Posts
Ordering these tonight, default rates 10k/5k...should have them in a few weeks.

·
UKDM Guru
216 Posts

PICS

Imageshack - tsxc.jpg
Imageshack - tsx2.jpg
Lol i have mine set 22 front and 17 rear, even then my wife still finds them more comfortable than my old eg6 vti civic on D2 coilovers! I've got j's racing RCA's too so i turned my front harshness up a bit to aid my ridiculously good turn in

1 - 20 of 70 Posts