Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The worst thing i didn't film, they said I can't film there... they put the car on a bridge and let your wheels go to the front,rear, left, right... they force the wheels so they can check if they got any lose things [don't know how to explain this good]

But that realy hurts the car :(

·
....its fate....
1,277 Posts
You couldve taken the camber arm off before spraying it at least lol

·
....its fate....
1,277 Posts
Ingalls would be a great option as it looks stock.

And to whoever said taking it off to paint, that would require an alignment again. lol
All u have to do is take the measurements before taking it off to be safe.
Measurements are all u need for an alignment. :)

Besides, although its been a few years since i installed mine, u should be able to remove it without adjust the length of the arms.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Well... it was the time of the year again, the Accord must go to the checkup, a safety control.

But crap! I have a rearcamberkit... but that's illegal here:

If they can't see it... it's legal ;)

Here you can see a litle movie of the control:

And at the end:

The Accord is in perfect fit.
That's pretty crazy and so bureaucratic. Why would a camber kit be illegal?? I think the point of those European annual check ups is to ensure there are no old beater and unsafe cars on the road, so the idea is not bad, but the blanket method they seem to apply is odd. Black = legal, shiny blue is not legal - lol. Turning wheels lock to lock few times while sitting stationary on the ground can sometimes mess up the front toe by 1 mm or so. :tardsmash

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, but you can pass the control when your car is lowerd.
But the kit has to have special papers, a professional shop must place them and you can't get lower than 9cm/3.54 inches groundclearence.

And your wheelgeometry will be checked, if it has to much camber, etc etc..., more than Honda says it may have, your car will not pass the inspection.

I guess they think like: stock = better than aftermarket.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.