Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering anyone knows an easy way to make the tips look normal. In other words my right ASpec tip was hit by a friend in his del sol and bent the tip was wondering if anyone knows how to make it look round again instead looking like a pac-man shape

·
Registered
831 Posts
Wondering anyone knows an easy way to make the tips look normal. In other words my right ASpec tip was hit by a friend in his del sol and bent the tip was wondering if anyone knows how to make it look round again instead looking like a pac-man shape
do you have any pictures so i can assess the damage ? but basically i would suggest taking off the tip ( PARTS BLAST THE CRAP OUT OF THE BOLT THAT HOLDS IN ON FIRST AND LET IT SOAK FOR 20 MINUTES ITS A CRUCIAL STEP OTHERWISE YOU WILL SNAP YOUR BOLT ) and banging it out with a mallet, you can also pick up a hard metal pipe thats as close to the same diameter as the tip and insert it in, put a towel over it and use a rubber mallet to bang the metal back into a round shape, once youre satisfied with the way it looks just use mothers polish to buff it to shine, if you scratched it badly during the process then wet sand using 800,1200,2000 then mothers polish, hope that helps

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
I wish I took pics of mine before...

Previous owner of my car hit a snow/ice bank and effectively bent in the right side of the right, non-apec tip. I took a thick microfiber, wrapped it over the tip and used pliers to straighten it out..ended up using a needle nose to straighten out the small kinks..looks about 100%.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appreciate the advice guys, but I was thinking of just getting a full exhaust anyway, but another question for you guys, do the tips sell, or are they easy to come by? If I can get some cash for em ill keep em around if not they're gonna be trashed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts