Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so recently my steering wheel started shaking and my seat a bit too leading me to believe my wheels are unbalanced. only happening between 45 and 70. I go to the shop to get them balanced and discover all four of my rims are bent from hitting potholes. The recent weather in NJ has destroyed the roads and with my daily commute its almost impossible to avoid them.

They are 18" Enkei Imola

Is it possible to fix them? or should i just buy a new set?

·
, Moderator, Performance
2,513 Posts
so recently my steering wheel started shaking and my seat a bit too leading me to believe my wheels are unbalanced. only happening between 45 and 70. I go to the shop to get them balanced and discover all four of my rims are bent from hitting potholes. The recent weather in NJ has destroyed the roads and with my daily commute its almost impossible to avoid them.

They are 18" Enkei Imola

Is it possible to fix them? or should i just buy a new set?
never heard of being able to fix a bent rim, if there new call enkie and complain, that shouldnt happen. are you completely sure that there bent? i can see one maybe two, but all four?!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,896 Posts
Damn that sucks, the roads around here look like the surface of the moon, its like driving on an obstacle course.

Those wheels arent worth enough to justify having them fixed, you might be better off just running your OEM wheels till they start filling potholes, wait till summer to buy something new.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
never heard of being able to fix a bent rim, if there new call enkie and complain, that shouldnt happen. are you completely sure that there bent? i can see one maybe two, but all four?!
8 months old...Yea, the two front are very noticeable when you spin the wheel. The back two aren't as noticeable when you spin. You can't really pin point the exact spot it got hit like the front. But i can feel the vibration in the seat, so that means the back are messed up too.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn that sucks, the roads around here look like the surface of the moon, its like driving on an obstacle course.

Those wheels arent worth enough to justify having them fixed, you might be better off just running your OEM wheels till they start filling potholes, wait till summer to buy something new.

good point - OEM is so ugly :( haha i will probably end up doing it though.

·
, Moderator, Performance
2,513 Posts
8 months old...Yea, the two front are very noticeable when you spin the wheel. The back two aren't as noticeable when you spin. You can't really pin point the exact spot it got hit like the front. But i can feel the vibration in the seat, so that means the back are messed up too.
just call enkie and ask them how the hell this can happen, maybe they will replace or give you a huge discount on the next set you buy? but i guess this is a lesson on why not to run nice wheels in the winter:/

sorry to hear GL if you call enkie, btw i have enkies and i love them

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
like inked said its not worth fixing...i was gonna fix my old setup n they were curb rash and was being charged $150 a piece... and yea jersey got ****ed up roads...lol...

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
Yea these roads are not wheel friendly. My cousin and I were joking around saying wheel companies need to test their wheels on NY/NJ roads LOL. I've seen Volk/Mugen/Work/SSR/BBS bent from driving in NY. Then again they are made for track where you will never see a pothole.

·
Let me...help you!
1,335 Posts
good point - OEM is so ugly :( haha i will probably end up doing it though.
I know Enkei is the rim-maker for Honda. I wonder if they also made the one for our TSX. If so, you can be glad to know that you will still be riding on Enkeis... ;-)

Sorry to hear about your roads and rims. If the roads are as bad as I imagine them to be, I probably would cringe every time I have to drive.

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
thats was the only reason i did not want to spend to much money on wheels...cuz this potholes look like they been hit by a meteor...lol...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts