Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The drama is finally over....

i've just lost my little respect that i had for moore... and i m glad this is over
let's just reinstate todd and play some god damn hockey...

he can't play moore for a year

and 80 hours of community service...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WanTing said:
he can't play moore for a year... big deal.. Moor may never able to play hockey again !!! :mad:

that's right hahahhaa

funny thing is

1 year from today...
if there is no season.. ok.... and next seson started in oct..

that's like 10 month past already hahha

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
NeoChaser said:
that's right hahahhaa

funny thing is

1 year from today...
if there is no season.. ok.... and next seson started in oct..

that's like 10 month past already hahha
I am a Canucks fan, and I also enjoying watching Bert play, but I fail to find humor in the fact that Moore may never be able to play again.
The fact remains that the original hit on Markus was clean. He even said so himself, and no penalty was called. If you saw the hit (and I am sure you did) Markus had his head down when the hit was delivered. Anytime you put your head down, you leave yourself vonerable to having it taken off. I have played the game of ice hockey my whole life, and I speak from experience.
The Vancouver players taunted Moore during the game (rematch), and even threatened his life. If I may quote, "your dead". This is about as pre meditated as it gets!
Now we have all seen the cowardly hit from behind that left Moore unconscious with a broken neck.
Moore is recovering, but still suffers from post concussion syndrome. He is only able to do light activity.
Now, hockey aside, you are talking about a quality of life. Moore will more then likely never be the same again, and you laughing at this has REALLY hit home!
I do not feel that anything that has transpired from this unfortunate event is funny, and I find it completely distasteful that anyone would find humor in Moore's situation. :thumbsdow

·
, Moderator Emeritus
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Joker said:
I do not see how this is funny :thumbsdow
ok a few pts on my mind... *lots to spill, not dircting at you just to let u know
just i wana have a good debating topic*

people have diff take on this. If we look at it the way it is. then yes
it's a sad thing how Moore MIGHT not be able to play. And of course i was just saying it
very carelessly as many people do on the internet. However on the serious level, yea i
hope he does play one day, i m not the kinda person.

But why I have his attitude towards Moore is because of his way of reacting
since Bert apologized. Moore wasn't exactly classy nor being the "better man"
At the same time, we can't blame him, i mean come on, guy MIGHT not be
able to play. Furthermore, this goes into another topic that has been
debated to death without a real conclusion. What degree of violence is accepted
in the NHL? And you know hockey hell a lot more than i do, Hockey esp at pro
level, is a high contact, violent sport. If a sport allows fighting where two people
try to hurt each other. Is Bert hitting moore on the back really that wrong? yes
what he did could be considered cowardly, but it was part of the retaliation
to Moore for he hit the star captain of the other team. The result was a
fractured shoulder(or wrist i forgot), slight concussion and stitches. This hit
was made when nazzy wasn't looking. It was a clean check as marcus had his
head down. But why is that not cowardly? Nazzy wasn't looking. Just because
it's in the rule books(it was clean hit) it means it's a high class move? I doubt it. Bert
retaliated Moore for wut he did on nazzy, which is a common incidences in
the game of hockey. U hit our star player and we u'll pay for it. But
do that degree is acceptable? We don't know.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Joker said:
I am a Canucks fan, and I also enjoying watching Bert play, but I fail to find humor in the fact that Moore may never be able to play again.
The fact remains that the original hit on Markus was clean. He even said so himself, and no penalty was called. If you saw the hit (and I am sure you did) Markus had his head down when the hit was delivered. Anytime you put your head down, you leave yourself vonerable to having it taken off. I have played the game of ice hockey my whole life, and I speak from experience.
The Vancouver players taunted Moore during the game (rematch), and even threatened his life. If I may quote, "your dead". This is about as pre meditated as it gets!
Now we have all seen the cowardly hit from behind that left Moore unconscious with a broken neck.
Moore is recovering, but still suffers from post concussion syndrome. He is only able to do light activity.
Now, hockey aside, you are talking about a quality of life. Moore will more then likely never be the same again, and you laughing at this has REALLY hit home!
I do not feel that anything that has transpired from this unfortunate event is funny, and I find it completely distasteful that anyone would find humor in Moore's situation. :thumbsdow
Ok you edited ur post while i was writing mine. Yes i know u played hockey
all ur life as i stated in my post and u addressed every point that i brought
up.

but is there is a real right or wrong answer? yeah we all have seen the tape
maybe times, i was at the game, it was a chilling 45 min wait, GM place was silent. i saw the
blood flowing out of moore's head onto the ice b4 the trainer came onto the
ice. and i claped when he was carried out on the streacher.

i have nothing against moore's hit on nazzy nor bert's punch on moore.. wut
i m concerning more is that i feel (imho) inconsistency in the rule books... it's a clean hit, but is it right
even when he's not looking? just like when bert hit him from the back
it's wrong cuase it's not in the rule books.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
A lot of your question's are answered here in Hockeys Unwritten Code : http://www.thehockeynews.com/en/headlines/detail.asp?id=26475&cat=954945254360

Please read the whole thing...

Now, if and when you hit a team's star player, you expect to be hit back. Steve's hit on Markus was not done so with intent to injure. Bert's on the other hand was!
You asked about a cowardly hit, well it doesn't get any more cowardly then hitting a player from behind (who is not expecting it) in the manor that Todd did to Steve. Again, he intended to injure Steve in retaliation, and I quote
In his statement, Moore's first since March 29, he described in detail how most of the Vancouver players threatened him verbally during the game against the Canucks. He said they told him they were going to get him and that he was dead.
The reason Markus said the original hit was clean, is because he knew he put himself in danger by putting his head down. Again, Markus never had a problem with the hit. True that Markus sustained a minor concussion from the hit, but was that Steve's intention? I really think not, especially when compared to Todd's retaliation hit. Todd was completely in control of his actions, and was on a mission when he broke Steve's neck.
The whole situation is bad no matter how you look at it, and again, I find no humor in any of it.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Joker said:
A lot of your question's are answered here in Hockeys Unwritten Code : http://www.thehockeynews.com/en/headlines/detail.asp?id=26475&cat=954945254360

Please read the whole thing...

Now, if and when you hit a team's star player, you expect to be hit back. Steve's hit on Markus was not done so with intent to injure. Bert's on the other hand was!
You asked about a cowardly hit, well it doesn't get any more cowardly then hitting a player from behind (who is not expecting it) in the manor that Todd did to Steve. Again, he intended to injure Steve in retaliation, and I quote

The reason Markus said the original hit was clean, is because he knew he put himself in danger by putting his head down. Again, Markus never had a problem with the hit. True that Markus sustained a minor concussion from the hit, but was that Steve's intention? I really think not, especially when compared to Todd's retaliation hit. Todd was completely in control of his actions, and was on a mission when he broke Steve's neck.
The whole situation is bad no matter how you look at it, and again, I find no humor in any of it.
but was it Todd's intention to fracture moore's neck? i think not either.
there was a dog pile was soon as todd fell on top of moore.

yep ur right, again, u can speak from ur experience of hockey and
have written statements about how bert should have hit moore if he was gona
on the same day marcus was hit. and i understand that from my stand point,
i still don't think bert's hit was totally his fault, if it is even a fault just
because people and the nhl put it on paper saying it's wrong to hit after the
game. i understand where you are coming from and i m not trying to be an
ignorant jackass.

i m taking a step back from the "rules" of hockey and looking at this a little
differently. and if we go back to the post that i made that made you started
this debate, again, i said carelessly with the mind set of his attitude toward
bert since the hit.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
NeoChaser said:
i m concerning more is that i feel (imho) inconsistency in the rule books... it's a clean hit, but is it right
even when he's not looking? just like when bert hit him from the back
it's wrong cuase it's not in the rule books.
Hitting from behind is very much IN the rule books!
Hockey is a full contact sport, where injuries are very common. In playing the game, you learn from a very young age to keep your head up. That is one of the things that makes this game so difficult to play (stick handling without looking at your stick), and those who have never played it will never understand this. You HAVE to play the game with your head up at all times! Take a look at your stick, and WHAM! But you NEVER, and I repeat NEVER hit a player from behind. This IS very much in the rule books for obvious reason.
You have to understand that when Steve hit Markus, he was doing his job. If it were any other player, it wouldn't even be an issue!! But that fact is that he hit the star, and Captain of the team. In the Unwritten Code above, you expect to have the favor returned, but Bert took it to a whole other level. This stuff has gone on since the game was invented, but never before has a player broken another player's neck in retaliation.
Again, understand that I am a Canucks fan, and also a big Bert fan. I do not condone what has been done, but the fact remains that what's done, is done.
Now back to my original point, I do not find ANY humor in this situation. If anything, it has given the sport a HUGE black eye.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
NeoChaser said:
but was it Todd's intention to fracture moore's neck? i think not either.
I honestly want to believe that the answer to this is no. But the manor in which the hit was delivered is the cowardly act that I speak of.
Steve Moore was skating away from Bert, and had his back to him, when Bert grabbed him (by the jersey) from behind, and swung around with a blow that rendered Moore unconscious before he even hit the ice. This may be the blow that fractured Moore's neck, but we'll never know as to the pile that came next.
It is this cowardly punch from behind that I criticize Todd for. And yes, that would have been called a penalty.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Joker said:
Hitting from behind is very much IN the rule books!
Hockey is a full contact sport, where injuries are very common. In playing the game, you learn from a very young age to keep your head up. That is one of the things that makes this game so difficult to play (stick handling without looking at your stick), and those who have never played it will never understand this. You HAVE to play the game with your head up at all times! Take a look at your stick, and WHAM! But you NEVER, and I repeat NEVER hit a player from behind. This IS very much in the rule books for obvious reason.
You have to understand that when Steve hit Markus, he was doing his job. If it were any other player, it wouldn't even be an issue!! But that fact is that he hit the star, and Captain of the team. In the Unwritten Code above, you expect to have the favor returned, but Bert took it to a whole other level. This stuff has gone on since the game was invented, but never before has a player broken another player's neck in retaliation.
Again, understand that I am a Canucks fan, and also a big Bert fan. I do not condone what has been done, but the fact remains that what's done, is done.
Now back to my original point, I do not find ANY humor in this situation. If anything, it has given the sport a HUGE black eye.
yes hit in the back is wrong, of course i should have known that. aehe10

at the end of this debate...

Moore doing his job hitting a person while he's not looking, which is ok cause
it's part of the rules, part of the game...

Bert hitting moore when he's not looking from the back is wrong cause it's
in the books

let's just leave it at that. and let's pray Moore plays. Amen.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Joker said:
I've played hockey all my life too...but come on...these things are normally said during some of the "friendly" games that I've been in. I can imagine the same things said during the pro level. This is certainly one instance where things did get out of hand.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
hmm.... I think both coach should share the blame too...
why the f**k would avs put moore in at that time.
and why the f**k would canucks put todd there at that time?

for the player, I believe moore did not intended to injure Nazzy. So did Todd. Retaliation is just a common thing when the opposite team hit the star player, no matter it is clean hit or cheap shot. :sadwavey:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts