Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Acura TSX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2007 TSX (AT), I already put a k&n high flow air filter in it. I was wondering what the best exhaust I can get for a decent price due to the fact that I can’t spend too much since I’m going to college. Thanks!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Exhaust on a stock TSX isn't going to do anything but make noise. 06-08 have decently sized exhaust past the header, but the stock header is pretty restrictive. If you're looking for more power, best bang for the buck is to get the ECU reflashed with hondata or remotely from sergebo. from there the next logical step would be a header, lightweight wheels + stickier tires, and then you've covered most of the low hanging fruit and can get some worthwhile power replacing the OEM exhaust. You're probably going to want to address the suspension and brakes as well, never a good idea to increase power without increasing the ability to control it.

As far as best budget, i plan on getting the trubendz or kteller mandrel bent stainless 3" single ($240) and get a local shop to weld it up and install it. Got quoted $350 from my local shop to install my header, build a custom heat shield for the header, weld up the pipe and hangers, and install a resonator and muffler. Still not sure what resonator and muffler to go with. Want something that looks stock, is as quiet as possible, and doesn't drone at highway speeds. leaning towards getting a buddy who welds professionally to make a twin loop mugen clone built as large as i can fit on the TSX and a vibrant ultra quiet resonator. I also am open to using an OEM Honda muffler and resonator but i don't think they have anything with a 3" inlet.

·
Registered
2007 Acura TSX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice! I think I’m going to go with a header. I just want some more noise and better flow to make my daily a little more enjoyable. I’ve heard really good things about the flowmaster muffler, they give off a nice tone as well. I haven’t looked much into resonators though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts