Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best brand and best performnce adjustable coilover kit ? Which one do you guys think is the best bang for the buck with adjustable and dampening ?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
There is best for anything especially in car tuning, perhaps a better question to start with. What are you trying to establish and what are you using the car for? Good to me may not necessarily mean good to everyone, vice-versa.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well Im looking for adjustable, dampening adjustable street use coilover kit. With a good price .. !! thinking either Tein SS or Buddyclub..

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
FYI - Buddyclub is not exactly designed primarily for street use. And the Tein spring rates are quite hard as well.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
H&R/Tein Basic damper for daily driving .. ~ tein basic is a bit harder .. ~ so might better for aggressive drivers
where Buddy club/tein SS for ppl who will go to track once awhile or like once a mouth
and Tein Flex + EDFC for ppl got the big buck and go for exterm performance wise
btw .. there is no pnt to get Tein Flex if u dont get EDFC .. it's basically the same thing as Tein SS .... where EDFC doesn't work on SS
so .... ~ kno how u gonna drive the car and u will find urself a best coilover ~
:)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Ima lso int eh same shoes right now ive decided tog o coilover route and so far i narrowed it down to tein basics or tanabe so-c type 2 coilovers. Anyone have experience with the tanabe?

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
I am interested in the Tanabe too..... but People said a lot of good things about Koni~

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,322 Posts
Silv04TSX said:
Anyone have experience with the tanabe?
Previously owned Eibach Prokit Spring then switched to Tanabe Sustec Pro S-OC Type II Coilover. Softer than Prokit. Very Soft & Comfortable Ride Quality. Definitely Not for Track, Great For Daily use IMO. As you know it is only Height adjustable.
The price isn't tempting thou...
You can get Teins Basic with cheaper price I guess.

Fender

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
Fender said:
Previously owned Eibach Prokit Spring then switched to Tanabe Sustec Pro S-OC Type II Coilover. Softer than Prokit. Very Soft & Comfortable Ride Quality. Definitely Not for Track, Great For Daily use IMO. As you know it is only Height adjustable.

Fender
I checked these out on the manufacturer's website; look pretty nice. Very reasonable spring rates; 8K F 4K R (which in lb/in = 450 F 225 R). Retail is $850. I have not seen this listed for sale anywhere yet.

Did they come with upper mounts or did you use the stock mounts?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,322 Posts
it should only use the stock mounts. I really not sure.. lol Sorry Dude. I never check.

Fender

·
Registered
180 Posts
Fender said:
Previously owned Eibach Prokit Spring then switched to Tanabe Sustec Pro S-OC Type II Coilover. Softer than Prokit. Very Soft & Comfortable Ride Quality. Definitely Not for Track, Great For Daily use IMO.
Are you saying that the Tanabe coilovers are so soft that it didn't give you much of an improvement in handling? Did they at least feel stiffer than the stock suspension? Less body roll than stock?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,322 Posts
AlterZgo said:
Are you saying that the Tanabe coilovers are so soft that it didn't give you much of an improvement in handling? Did they at least feel stiffer than the stock suspension? Less body roll than stock?
I'm no expert. This just my personal feeling. It only stiffer a little bit then Stock. It still doing a fine job of reduce body roll.

Fender

·
Registered
169 Posts
Fender said:

Fender

Thats what i want to hear that sounds something i want. As far as price i found the tein and the tanabe about roughly the same price give or take a few bucks. You got pics of your car?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,322 Posts
Silv04TSX said:
Thats what i want to hear that sounds something i want. As far as price i found the tein and the tanabe about roughly the same price give or take a few bucks. You got pics of your car?
You want to check out my car...Few Pictures
That's 2"+ drop.

Fender

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
That's a 2inch+ drop??

Wow......how much did the Tanabe cost you?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,322 Posts
Benz_05TSX said:
That's a 2inch+ drop??
You want your car to touch the ground or something? :rofl:
Benz_05TSX said:
Wow......how much did the Tanabe cost you?
Since there aren't much choice in last Aug. It costed me $1100CAD + TAX.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,322 Posts
This is My Tanabe Drop to the MAX. 3"+
Front Tires scratched the inner wall every turn everytime
:jester: If you don't believe. I got witness (NeoChaser) to prove :laugh:

btw, I forgot to mention I got 18" rims. It may look different.

Fender

1 - 20 of 85 Posts