Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading and seems like some people are using "cheap oem honda" parts as upgrade? for example, some people are using a 06 civic si intake manifold, with rlx throttle bodies, s2000 muffler etc etc?
tsx v6 header-back exhaust? (it's different from the l4 exhaust)

or when it get more expensive, the Honda RRC intake Manifold etc....

·
, Admin, Marketplace
2,147,483,650 Posts
Mmmmmm not really seeing a issue with this ? If they work and make power and look good then what's the problem ? And OEM stuff is not cheaply made, some of it you can get for less money only because there is a lot of people who have upgraded and have OEM stuff laying around and want to get rid of it.

Another thing to consider is sometimes the parts "at least for a cu2" are not available because no one makes after market parts for what your trying to do so you have to compromise.

·
FG2 to CU2
237 Posts
I don't see a big problem with it. It's just like how owners go after Type S Waffles or RSX-S 5 stars to put on their car. Nothing cheap about that.

OEM quality outmatches most all aftermarket parts. Honda has its reasons for building a motor a certain way. They keep their engineering in house, so what if some parts can fit this and that, but just don't come that way from the factory. I call it a fine line/decision between advances in technology and cost savings methodology.

The guys doing K20/K24 frankensteins must be "cheap" in your eyes then.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im not saying it's an issue, just want to see what other have used replacing with honda oem parts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts