Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The cheapo LED lights I had on mine has burnt out.

Are these WLED-xHP Specifications still the best? I thought since our light socket is sort of at an angle, would an angled LED, or multi-angle LED be better?

Yes, I did a search, but I want an update on what people have found and tried. :)

·
GO BLUE!
884 Posts
The cheapo LED lights I had on mine has burnt out.

Are these WLED-xHP Specifications still the best? I thought since our light socket is sort of at an angle, would an angled LED, or multi-angle LED be better?

Yes, I did a search, but I want an update on what people have found and tried. :)
I have mine (the same one) for over a year. And it's still bright as hell (I would even say brighter than Lexus). So I'd still give it a 5/5 rating.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
By best, do you mean brightest?

·
5,036 Posts
brightest & best coverage & reliable
Reliable is questionable because ALL LEDs are reliable. They last very long. The questionable part is the reliability of the connection and board made by the manufacture. Also, I just think when it comes to LED, reliability is random. You'll get a bad one, and another person could get a long lasting one.

But the brightest that I have used are these: 6K WHITE 4 LED 2W HIGH POWER BULBS 194 168 158 | 1 PAIR B/O

Those are the highest rated lumens I have come across.

But I just ordered these: 6K WHITE CREE LED 3W HIGH POWER BULBS 194 168 158 | 1 PAIR

Don't know how well these will compare but I think it should have more spread due to the lens that it comes with.

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
Those cree 194 should be super bright. The projector over the LED really spreads out the light(Like the cree reverse 7440) PM me or post pics once installed, they look interesting :grinno:

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just ordered WLED-xHP x 2, thanks!

·
5,036 Posts
Just wondering why do you want really bright led on your plate lights? i try to keep my plate incognito as much as possible...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Preference really. Some people, like me, love LED maps lights while some have it turned off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts