Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Mr. Martin
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though everything voids the warranty on the car, I want to lower it. No coilovers (2 bouncy), rather have some good lowering springs with a good drop...can anyone recommend any good ones that I can use with my stock struts :king:?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
i'd reconsider coilovers, since you can adjsut it and make them not bouncy. but if you are absolutely against them, then i'd say tein has some great springs.

·
Tsex noob
118 Posts
i'd reconsider coilovers, since you can adjsut it and make them not bouncy. but if you are absolutely against them, then i'd say tein has some great springs.
maybe he just means the coilover sleeves. the cheap ones you jam on with the stock struts (if they even make for our cars).

Tein S Tech's or Eibach. S-tech's go lower though.

·
Mr. Martin
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maybe he just means the coilover sleeves. the cheap ones you jam on with the stock struts (if they even make for our cars).

Tein S Tech's or Eibach. S-tech's go lower though.
No I didn't mean the cheap coilover sleeves you slap on...I don't go cheap on my car...the Tein S Tech's seem to have the lowest drop of any available lowering springs for the TSX...maybe pair them with some Koni Yellows...not sure yet :spin:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Are you looking to lower the car a good amount? If so, I'd probably not go the Koni yellow route, you'd be better off with a setup that uses a shorter damper (like Tein SS coilovers). I'm waiting for Konis to come in and will be running them with stock springs on lowest perch, and may consider the Eibach springs in the future, but I would guess that anything lower would result in having very little suspension travel so the springs would need to be very stiff.

Stan

·
Tsex noob
118 Posts
No I didn't mean the cheap coilover sleeves you slap on...I don't go cheap on my car...the Tein S Tech's seem to have the lowest drop of any available lowering springs for the TSX...maybe pair them with some Koni Yellows...not sure yet :spin:
i didn't mean it like you were cheap. i thought that was what you meant because idk how full coilovers could be so bouncy when most of them are decent or close to a stock feel and others you can at least adjust the damper to your liking. you might as well just buy a full good/great set instead of the lowering spring-new strut combo. you'll have more control with height and damper of course with full coilovers. it IS your car, but you are asking for opinions here. good luck, keep us updated.

·
Mr. Martin
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you looking to lower the car a good amount? If so, I'd probably not go the Koni yellow route, you'd be better off with a setup that uses a shorter damper (like Tein SS coilovers). I'm waiting for Konis to come in and will be running them with stock springs on lowest perch, and may consider the Eibach springs in the future, but I would guess that anything lower would result in having very little suspension travel so the springs would need to be very stiff.

Stan
No I don't want to slam the car I just want to get a good decent drop & from what I've seen I like the drop of the Tein S-Tech's I just wanted to add some good struts with them if anything.

·
Mr. Martin
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i didn't mean it like you were cheap. i thought that was what you meant because idk how full coilovers could be so bouncy when most of them are decent or close to a stock feel and others you can at least adjust the damper to your liking. you might as well just buy a full good/great set instead of the lowering spring-new strut combo. you'll have more control with height and damper of course with full coilovers. it IS your car, but you are asking for opinions here. good luck, keep us updated.
Well I had a bad experience with coilovers on my GTI I had back in the day but still shoundn't affect my overall decision. You do have a good point on having more control with coilovers though :doh:!

·
Registered
114 Posts
No I don't want to slam the car I just want to get a good decent drop & from what I've seen I like the drop of the Tein S-Tech's I just wanted to add some good struts with them if anything.
Makes sense. I actually just received my KONIs this morning. I'll be trying them out with stock springs at first. With the spring perch in the lower groove, the car should lower 20mm -- not much of a drop, but as-is, I have to back into my garage because if I go in nose first, the "lip" thingie under front of car scrapes on the ground. If I need more spring or want to go lower, I can use the Eibach ProKit (will put you close to 2" lower than stock with spring perch in the lowest groove of the shock), or much more likely, the Ground Control kit.

Stan

·
Mr. Martin
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Makes sense. I actually just received my KONIs this morning. I'll be trying them out with stock springs at first. With the spring perch in the lower groove, the car should lower 20mm -- not much of a drop, but as-is, I have to back into my garage because if I go in nose first, the "lip" thingie under front of car scrapes on the ground. If I need more spring or want to go lower, I can use the Eibach ProKit (will put you close to 2" lower than stock with spring perch in the lowest groove of the shock), or much more likely, the Ground Control kit.

Stan

Nice! Take a picture after you install them. I want to see how it looks on the lowest setting before you add the springs...

·
Registered
114 Posts
It looks like this:

It isn't much of a drop, but I wasn't going for that anyway. It rides much nicer to me, and performs better -- it's just a better shock in every way IMO. I'll stick with the stock springs for now, they are stiff enough to handle well and I can't afford to go much lower with roads around here, and ride quality is a huge concern for me since this is our family car. Besides, I don't want to get into issues with changed geometry and have to fix all that via camber kits, etc -- been there done that, just isn't worth it to me for this car.

Stan

·
VBP CREW
232 Posts
I have the s techs and ride with stock shocks for a while now and no issues... Rides amazing... Smooth and tight around corners... Not bouncy at all... I commute 60 miles a day and one of the best mods i did for driving through traffic

I DIDNT REALIZE THOSE KONI'S HAD 2 HEIGHT SETTINGS....ILL BE LOOKING INTO THESE AFTER THE WINTER WITH THE SPC 6 PIECE REAR ARM KIT

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yeah, you can lower the car 15mm by placing the lower spring perch on the lower groove. I have pictures of the install, I can create a thread here if you want (I can't cross-link here to my thread in a different forum).

Stan

·
VBP CREW
232 Posts
Do that!

·
RAYZ'IN HELL
130 Posts
I been running S Techs on stock struts for awhile now. Drive about 50 miles a day, and is also my family car. Love the drop and the comfort in the turning. Plan on bagging my Cu2 soon. But if u are planning on buying springs,plus struts might as well buy coilovers. "JUST MY OPINION"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts