Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, newbie here.

I'm want to get the TSX but don't exactly know what the price is.
I went to several dealers, the lowest I've seen on TSX with Nav is $29,500 OTD and w/o nav is $28,000. Is anyone out there got a better deal than this?
Help??? I'd really appreciate it.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Assuming that the "OTD" numbers don't include any extras like tax, I'm surprised if those are the best quotes you can get.

Those prices are actually ABOVE list price!!! (MSRP)

MSRP prices (for the '04) are $26,490 for non-Nav and $28,490 for Nav.
Plus "destination charge" which is about $600.

That makes a total of about $27,000 non-Nav and $29,000 Nav.

And, in almost all areas, people seem to have been getting at least a few hundred off MSRP, sometimes $1000 or more.

I would think you could get quotes of around $26,000 non-Nav and $28,000 Nav, including destination charge, or at least close to those numbers.

By the way.....were you in fact including tax or any other extras in those numbers?

P.S. Good luck -- hope you do find a deal that works for you.
Anyway in my opinion the TSX is worth it even if you have to pay full price, but I would think you can do better than that.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
larch you forgot the welcome mat for the noob !

Welcome Foolio ! :wavey:

U.S. 2004 TSX MSRP/Invoice
-----------------------------
Non Navi MSRP 27,035.00/INV 24,691.00
Navi MSRP 29,035.00/INV 26,512.00

Car Shopping Tips:
www.carbuyingtips.com
www.intellichoice.com

OTD is meaningless IMO...take the invoice price & start there.
I offered $27K for the Nav one...dealer tried to get another $150 I said fine but you throw in the all-weather mats.
So it's all in the negotiation, everyting in this whole process is negiotiable.
I just did not have the stomach to haggle the hell out of it & try to make them throw in more accessories.
I believe this is a great time to buy 2004 cars. I'd shoot for
btw 26512 ~ 27000 for one with Nav.
(Note: With TSX dealer gets (I think 2%) "dealer holdback")
Good luck !

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First of all thatnk you for the warm welcome....

Sorry for the confusion.....
OTD = out the door....

Before tax, etc... they offered me $25,500 for non-nav TSX

But from reading the threads I think I might hold on a bit longer before I purchase them. At least until the 2005 is out. So may be I can get a better deal on the 2004.

Thank you folk..... I will post the price that I' get.... ^_^

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
Foolio said:
......So may be I can get a better deal on the 2004.
Thank you folk..... I will post the price that I' get.... ^_^
First of all : Get the nav even if you have to sell blood :D
Will be the best 2k you ever spend.

25.5 K for non-nav at this time is toooo much, at least $500 too much.
If you wanna wait until the 05 come out be prepared to compromise on color choices.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Foolio said:
.....Sorry for the confusion.....
OTD = out the door....

Before tax, etc... they offered me $25,500 for non-nav TSX

But from reading the threads I think I might hold on a bit longer before I purchase them.....
Yes, I think people knew what OTD stands for. What RTG meant when he said that OTD doesn't mean anything is that the first number they tell you isn't necessarily the lowest that they'll sell it for.

The trouble with "OTD" figures isn't that people don't know what it stands for, it's that there's no rule about what it includes. It would be fine if people always specified what's being included, but they don't. Somehow people seem to think that "OTD" is a clear concept, but it isn't. Not your fault -- it's just an epidemic!

IMO you shouldn't necessarily wait. I think the reason you got such cautionary feedback is that people didn't realize the "OTD" price included tax.

The prices that they're quoting you are right in line with what people have been getting lately, and they reflect a pretty good discount from MSRP. (I know that RTG likes to get even more of a discount, but from what I've seen lately, it ain't happening, and if you wait for the '05, not only will the MSRP price be higher, you'll be less likely to get any kind of discount from it, so you'll be paying considerably more.)

I think you should go ahead and get it -- either Nav or non-Nav, take your pick.

P.S. I recommend the Nav too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow! Thank you for the feedback guys...
I really appreciate it.
I lke the nav too but I'm having doubt of the usefulness of it.
It the pottential to be a TV with a slight mod.....but
When I test drove the NAV TSX, nav showed we're in the middle of a dessert (its off by about 300 ft from the road that we're actually on)
Anyhow.. if the deal is good, I won't mind getting it....

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
Foolio said:
I lke the nav too but I'm having doubt of the usefulness of it.
It the pottential to be a TV with a slight mod.....but
When I test drove the NAV TSX, nav showed we're in the middle of a dessert (its off by about 300 ft from the road that we're actually on)
Anyhow.. if the deal is good, I won't mind getting it....
Dude just get it if you can squeeze the 2K and you can thank me later. ;)

It is very precise - I been very impressed.
That one in the demo was off-calibration (dealer = fecking lazy bastards)
Forget about the TV/Video mod - waste of money if you ask me
The nav is exactly what it is for : Never get lost, never drive around looking...
"Thanks, I know exactly how to get there..."

>> I lke the nav too but I'm having doubt of the usefulness of it.
:lol: stop you're cracking me up...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
RTG is probably right that the Nav just wasn't calibrated right.

Rarely, the Nav might be off that much. But it's rare.
Most of the time it's pretty close to dead-on, to the extent that when it's off a hundred feet or so (which isn't so rare although it's not exactly common), I get annoyed.

I think the Nav is well worth the extra money.
To me it's a simple decision whether to get it or not: If you can spend the extra money without much trouble, DO IT.
If not, don't. You'll still be getting a great car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the good advices....
I will certainly try to get the nav..... but for sure the car will be mine this month..... =P

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys,

First post here. I've been looking at a wide range of cars and let me tell ya, I'm ready for the TSX. Just test drove one today and it was really nice. I was quoted 29778 for a 2004 auto no nav with A-Spec and fogs installed (either black or silver and each car has about 8 miles on em). I'm thinking this is pretty good, what are your thoughts? I'm in Chi-Town so the prices seems to be just a bit higher.

Thanks for the help. BTW these forums are a great source of info!!

Matt

·
Registered
954 Posts
xgastudios said:
Hey guys,

First post here. I've been looking at a wide range of cars and let me tell ya, I'm ready for the TSX. Just test drove one today and it was really nice. I was quoted 29778 for a 2004 auto no nav with A-Spec and fogs installed (either black or silver and each car has about 8 miles on em). I'm thinking this is pretty good, what are your thoughts? I'm in Chi-Town so the prices seems to be just a bit higher.

Matt
If anything, the prices should be lower in Chicago, as there are more Acura dealerships around there. There's only one up there in Milwaukee... and they are a "no-haggle" dealership.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Damn, all this talk about getting a new TSX is making me want to go out and get one. Heck, my wife even gave me the green light to go ahead and get one... even a MT!

I sure do like not having a car payment, however... and it's not like my car is falling apart on me. It's running great! At this point, I'm kind of curious to see just how long my car will go now without a major problem. I've got almost 131,000 on the odometer.

With the new 2005s coming out and the 2004s getting decent markdowns, it's getting harder and harder to stay with what I've got.

By the way, Foolio, those quotes seem to be pretty good to me if those prices are actually OTD (including taxes, title, etc.). As a comparison, you might want to go to another Acura dealership and see if they'll sell you one for the same price without batting an eye. If they seem uneasy about it, you probably are getting a really good deal.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
xgastudios said:
Hey guys,

Matt
Yes, welcome! Great to have you aboard.

I think that's a good price, if you love the A-Spec package (plus the fogs). Not that there's anything wrong with it (I would be especially interested in the suspension), and as far as I know we haven't heard from anybody who has actually had an A-Spec car or even ridden in one, but most of us feel that the A-Spec package isn't worth its full cost.

Fortunately the price that you're being quoted is considerably less than what the "MSRP" would be for everything you'd be getting -- but it's considerably more than base MSRP (i.e. without A-Spec or fogs). So, if you really like the A-Spec and are willing to pay something extra for it, it's a good deal.

BTW we can't tell from what you're saying exactly how much less than MSRP it is, because we can't tell if the quoted price includes "destination charge" (which is about $600) and/or tax.

P.S. I think most people would rather spend the extra $$ on Nav than on the A-Spec. But if you love the A-Spec......

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
sjlee said:
Damn, all this talk about getting a new TSX is making me want to go out and get one. Heck, my wife even gave me the green light to go ahead and get one... even a MT!

I sure do like not having a car payment, however... and it's not like my car is falling apart on me. It's running great! At this point, I'm kind of curious to see just how long my car will go now without a major problem. I've got almost 131,000 on the odometer.

With the new 2005s coming out and the 2004s getting decent markdowns, it's getting harder and harder to stay with what I've got.....
Y'know, I forgot that you don't have a TSX!

I know what you mean about not having payments. Kinda like having extra years to live! I usually like running cars into the ground -- keeping them as long as they last, as long as I love them. And looks like you have a great car. A lot of people swear by the Integra.

P.S. Have you talked to Tony4311 lately? :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys thanks for the input!

Well I did test the A-SPEC and it is really nice. As for the NAV, I have little interest in it dispite all the rave reviews on the boards. The price quoted is with the dest. charge but not with taxes. And as for the price in the chi-town area, it seems that sticker is what they are all looking for, or at least close to it.

Matt

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
xgastudios said:
Hey guys thanks for the input!

Well I did test the A-SPEC and it is really nice. As for the NAV, I have little interest in it dispite all the rave reviews on the boards. The price quoted is with the dest. charge but not with taxes. And as for the price in the chi-town area, it seems that sticker is what they are all looking for, or at least close to it.

Matt
:thumbsup: Sounds like you know what you're doing. :thumbsup:

And, good news -- sounds like you might not realize -- with all that's included, the quote is about $1000 off sticker.

·
Registered
954 Posts
xgastudios said:
And as for the price in the chi-town area, it seems that sticker is what they are all looking for, or at least close to it.

Matt
That's interesting... which dealerships have you gone to? My wife's brother-in-law visited one (I'll have to ask which one) and right off the bat, they offered him $1000 off MSRP. Of course, it was an AT... not sure what you're looking for.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thx SJLEE.. I finally got mine last week. I didn't get the nav despite of what everyone told me, not because I didn't want to but because there was none available at the time of purchase. Because they didn't have the car that I wanted they let me go with $26,600 OTD. I thought it was a steal. Silver ext, quartz int.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Well, congrats on the new car. Don't worry about the NAV, personally, I don't think it's worth the $2k, despite what many people on here say.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts