Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.) I'm looking to replace my oem fog light bulbs with a set more hid looking (blueish) to match the headlights. I'm not looking for a hid kit, just some bulbs to replace the factory ones. Any recommended bulbs?

2.) How hard is it to install these? Do you have to take off the bumper? Or can you get to them underneath?

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
if its just a bulb Im pretty sure you can reach it from underneath, just remove the undertray.

I went and got a ddm tuning 5000k kit, I'll post before and after by the end of this weekend so hopefully I can sway your decision towards getting an HID kit lol.

·
Registered
143 Posts
+1 on HID kit.
Even with a set of 5000K white halogen bulbs (55W power consumed with the 100W output effect), the intensity will never be as good as a real HIDs kit. It will look very dull.

I used to run a set of Polarg H11 5000K Shinning White as fogs, them bulbs cost well over $75 and the output was disappointing. Then I switched to HIDs fogs for a fraction of the cost and the light output was so good that I will not go back to halogen again!

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
^^sutekidane: i tried to PM you but you have chosen not to receive them.
I have some questions about how you got your projectors into the headlights.
if you could email me: firstsxme at gmail dot com

i'd appreciate it!

thanks!

·
The other white meat...
743 Posts

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,290 Posts
Nokya 2500k yellow bulbs. Simple, cheap, effective, and yellow.

·
fittedclique.
443 Posts
I used to work at Advance Auto Parts and we would always have people bringing in their silver star headlights that blew within or at a year. So if you don't mind changing them that often, go for it, they're more white/very very little blue.
i actually bought silverstars last night at autozone and they turned out to be a light yellow...

·
Offical Noob
85 Posts
I'm going to do the lexan fogs this Xmas break. Anyone have any suggestions for LED fog bulbs????

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,748 Posts
Any links for the lexan? Is it completely different from why the LamiX is?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts