Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ordering BC Racing Coilovers this week. One issue, I don't know which custom rate to go with.

I like a stiff ride and I want to be able to run an aggressive wheel setup with a large drop and I would like it not to rub lol or at least not alot!

What spring rate should I order??

14K Front
10K Rear

2. (same as F&F Type 2)

12K Front
8K Rear

3. Other?? (if so please mention which one!)

I've searched for threads for the 1G TSX regarding this but it seems to be hit and miss! Please give me your opinion!

:festive:

·
Keeping it Clean
261 Posts
well it depends on how aggressive stance you want. if you do want a low ride i would get a stiff spring. I believe julian is running the BC coilovers with 20k front and 18k rear i believe, but i'm not sure. look in 1st gen tsx gallery i think the thread is under yolo..

also i'm running the BC, but will plan on tracking. but now front is really low, and i just notice that i might have to increase it to 14k f, and 10k rear. also don't forget when ordering the BC, to ask for the extream low kit or else your rear is not gonna go lower. i order one that came just from the factory, had to order separte rear cartiage cause it did not go low enough it was a difference of and inch or so..

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well it depends on how aggressive stance you want. if you do want a low ride i would get a stiff spring. I believe julian is running the BC coilovers with 20k front and 18k rear i believe, but i'm not sure. look in 1st gen tsx gallery i think the thread is under yolo..

also i'm running the BC, but will plan on tracking. but now front is really low, and i just notice that i might have to increase it to 14k f, and 10k rear. also don't forget when ordering the BC, to ask for the extream low kit or else your rear is not gonna go lower. i order one that came just from the factory, had to order separte rear cartiage cause it did not go low enough it was a difference of and inch or so..
yes that exactly what i was planning on doing getting the extreme low kit with he custom rates.

and u decided to go 14k and 10k because of the track?

·
Keeping it Clean
261 Posts
yea cause the factory 10k/5k is great. but since my front is lower, when my car is at 80mph and has a slight smoth dip on the pavement, the front frame kisses the pavement a little bit.. so base on my finding a stiffer spring will help eliminate that. i mean i'm on 1 for damping and its good in terms of rebound. but need stiffer springs for sure so the chasis wont kiss to much! so if you do 14/10 is good. some auto x people run those stiff of a spring and some run higher, just depends on you, and your preferance. i mean this is my DD, when i do track it with my friends m3 my suspension is great! you cant go wrong with BC racing best bang for the buck!. also i think UKoz is running the BC and tracks his accord type-s for 2 years no problem. thats where i got my source from.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea cause the factory 10k/5k is great. but since my front is lower, when my car is at 80mph and has a slight smoth dip on the pavement, the front frame kisses the pavement a little bit.. so base on my finding a stiffer spring will help eliminate that. i mean i'm on 1 for damping and its good in terms of rebound. but need stiffer springs for sure so the chasis wont kiss to much! so if you do 14/10 is good. some auto x people run those stiff of a spring and some run higher, just depends on you, and your preferance. i mean this is my DD, when i do track it with my friends m3 my suspension is great! you cant go wrong with BC racing best bang for the buck!. also i think UKoz is running the BC and tracks his accord type-s for 2 years no problem. thats where i got my source from.
So you're running them on the softest setting of dampening?? I read in your other thread that at max stiff with your 10K/5K its really stiff??

In terms of wheel setups i'm looking for something 18x9 or 9.5 with an ET +30-40

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm running with 14kg / 12kg and this is really great. Still quite smooth but very stiff, not bouncy at all.

I recommend it for sure to anybody! Extreme low kit too that's a must!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My only concern about the stiff rates is that the interior will start to rattle and vibrate... already now I have a dash rear deck and steering wheel noise vibrations going on lol

Are the stiff rates rough on the interior panels on the tsx?

·
Keeping it Clean
261 Posts
So you're running them on the softest setting of dampening?? I read in your other thread that at max stiff with your 10K/5K its really stiff??

In terms of wheel setups i'm looking for something 18x9 or 9.5 with an ET +30-40
naw. i got it on the hardest setting. 30 will be the softest on the BC coilovers. 10k/5k is stiff but your gonna go lower then me where your wheel will be tucked. trust me you do not want to be going low without the proper balance of suspension.

·
Keeping it Clean
261 Posts
well its going to be a gamble like lilcim said 14k/12k for extreme low. i would go with that. but if you dont want to go that stiff for now. try 14k/10k and see how it rides. your just going to end up buying the rear spring if its not to your liking.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes. just have to give them a call.. and order what you need to order from them.
perfect so if thats the case I think I might try out 12K front 10K rear and see what it gives I won't be buying wheels this summer so if its not stiff enough i'll pick up some stiffer springs next summer from BC racing!

Thanks for your help guys!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts