Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I was wondering whats the best springs I can get while keeping my oem shocks/struts for an inch or so drop? I am planning on keeping it on there long term. My car is the 2012 SE. Links to the springs would help! Thank you!!

·
FG2 to CU2
237 Posts
Ahh. I see we share the same thoughts, but I've just been too poor to pull the trigger.

The most common are:
H&R drops 1.3"
Eibach ProKit drops 1"
Tein H Tech drops 1"
Tein S Tech drops 1.6"

Less Common
Progressive Group (same guys that make the RSB) drops 1.2" front 0.8" rear

The Cheap:
Most no name products you find on Ebay or Amazon

No links because my Google is broken. Maybe yours still work.

I'm leaning on 1) Eibach 2) H&R 3) Get a new hobby. We'll see what I can scoop up around the holidays.

·
Triple Platinum Member
603 Posts
Hey everyone,
I was wondering whats the best springs I can get while keeping my oem shocks/struts for an inch or so drop? I am planning on keeping it on there long term. My car is the 2012 SE. Links to the springs would help! Thank you!!
The best springs for the stock dampers are the ones that are already in your car.

You will create a mismatch if you change the spring rate and ride height no matter what. It will shorten the useful life of the damper, it is just a question of how much.

·
FG2 to CU2
237 Posts
Anyone here have coilovers in parts of the country with snow/salt in the winter? Leaning on Tein coilovers but worried about longevity in Canadian winters.
I have in the past with my other cars, and help friend's with theirs who daily thru winter on coils.

Just clean them up before and after winter. A nice coat of anti seize on all the threads does wonders.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Here are mine after 3 chicago winters and ~55k miles of all around urban/suburban/rural use.

The anti corrosion plating on Teins is actually really good. Virtually no corrosion. I clearcoated the bodies (don't spray the shafts or seals) before install.

I also anti-siezed the locking collars/threads

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.