Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Mr GenK-JomBLo
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again guys, just wondering about suspension, which one do you think the best ?

I was thinking to get Tein SS (I need for make my car able to adjust height and damper), not for racing.

any comments ?

Actually i live in Australia and I can't find any shops that sell Tein coilover for ACURA TSX, so I think I need to buy from Us ... but shipping cost almost killing me .. about $400 just for the shipping ... :(

any online shop that able to ship to australia with cheaper way ? ($100-$150).

Thanks guys ...

·
Mr GenK-JomBLo
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Noel said:
You can contact Centrax Auto for Endless coilovers or TCCA Motorsports for H&R coilovers. Both companies are located in Australia and should offer competitive pricing.
how about tein ? is there any shops in oz that sell tein ?

anyway .. how much coilover (street) H&R roughly ?
Thanks Noel

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
These guys are listed on Tein's homepage as distributors for Austrailia....

Fulcrum

I checked UPS; it's 400-500 USD to ship a 60lb box from the US to Austrailia..........

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
LannyM .. do u have the noise other Tein coilover owners have with their SS and Basic ?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
I can hear a very slight "compression" noise from the struts if I listen really hard. Windows down, radio off, 1-3 mph, small bumps. Put the windows up or have the radio volume at 10 and it's inaudible. I don't believe that's the noise that some others have mentioned; most talk about a knock. I'm pretty sure it comes down to install; or in the case of SS or Basic, assembly.

·
2004 TSX & 2007 R1
148 Posts
i can probably get the teins for you..... i am in LA but shipping usually isn't that much.... i sent a lip to the UK and it was only $350 ish... but that is a "oversize 3" box in ups terms....

but i don't see the sus kit being anymore than $200 most likely lesser... if you want you can email me i can see what i can do for you...

wiL

www.CarsOption.com check it out... maybe you will find something you like..

email [email protected]

·
The Peoples Champ
609 Posts
I had tein coils on my 2002 civic si
nothing but sounds, "auto loosening" nuts and other issues

I'll never purchase another TEIN item again :rotz:

however on my 00 civic si i was more than please with my TOkico setup
and have alot of friends with the new OMNI setups and are also pleased

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have tein basics on my TSX and havent had any probs with them at all. I think its a very good setup for the price. I do hear a slight "bump" noise only when if i really try to listen for it but its nothing.

·
TSeX Navigator
110 Posts
I have Tein SS and hear a slight noise if I listen hard enough. Similar to what everyone else hears. No problems though. I love them! I would suggest going with the SS over the basics so that you have the ability to adjust the dampening. And if you have this option, I garauntee you will use it! Check out the drop it gave my car. Also, see the holes I drilled to make adjusting them easier.

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7018

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
BLACK JET MAX said:
h and r coilovers are height adjustible?
yes ... :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts