Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My headliner is filthy, I need to clean it. What methods do you guys use? What cleaners? I tried cleaning it with water and it left a watermark after it dried. Any suggestions?

·
*Metalhead*
2,657 Posts
I've used Resolve Carpet cleaner and a moist rag on mine. It works pretty darn good!

·
iVTEC no koe
1,913 Posts
I use diluted laundry detergent (Tide) and a tooth brush, then 'rinse' with warm water and the toothbrush. It left a water mark for a couple days, then cleared out completely.

·
(: Daniel :)
3,224 Posts
Haven't had to clean my headliner yet but on my old car I used ArmorAll's Upholestry cleaner and it worked great, left a water mark for a couple of hours but then went away. Took out mascara from my sister (idk how the hell she got it up there) and it also took off handprints from my ex...don't ask LOL. It worked great on cleaning up gunked up crap in my carpet too.

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys I'll try all of those this weekend. See which one works best for me.

·
fresh to death
2,643 Posts
good stuff...ive been wanting to clean my headliner as well...just didnt know what to use....i think ill try the resolve...

·
, Regional Meet Leader, SF Bay Area
6,942 Posts
Steam cleaning is always nice to use on fabrics :) It will leave a water mark like you said, but once it dries out it'll be gone :)

·
trespassing Jeep owner
2,731 Posts
How the hell do you get your headliner dirty?

My car's a 2004 and the headliner's pretty much spotless.

·
(: Daniel :)
3,224 Posts

lol, from my experience it isn't me but other ppl in my car who are careless. The worst kinda passengers are the ones who are careless.

First week I had my car I took my little cousins to my other cousins quince and the 9 yr old dropped chocolate cupcakes all over the car and got glitter from her dress all over the back seat...all while my car was off and still parked :banghead: She hasn't been in it since and this is about 5 months later haha

·
trespassing Jeep owner
2,731 Posts
That's the thing... I'm not putting my TSX in any situation that would expose it to young kids with food riding in it. Hell, I don't let grown folk eat or drink in my car, lol.

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
my headliner got filthy after my suspension install.
damn mechanics.
a-pillar too.
black grease.

I used green works cleaner on it, and it worked perfectly.

·
Brandon
1,250 Posts
If I where to use it I would use carpet cleaner. Even use a shampooer that has the attachments so you can scrub and suck out the water. If you just clean it you will get water marks like you mentioned. Or you can use a shop vac to suck the water out.

·
Low Is A Lifestyle
4,116 Posts

...dandruff and dirty hair lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts