Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have an 2007 and didn't seem to have must rust at all on it below. I installed the struts without any issues and all hardware seem to be clean. Well, I tried to install the rear camber kit over the weekend and I am having issues with the rear camber bolt. I soaked it with PB blaster, pounded it with a BFH (to the point I needed a die to reinstall the nut) and that thing didn't move. I have read a few posts where it was locked up and members couldn't heat it due to the gas tank. So, I have the following questions below:

1.) How in the world did you remove it?
2.) Did you get new hardware for the install (just those two bolts)?

TIA

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only way I could do it was with an air hammer( like a mini jack hammer).
Thanks..I was thinking that, but do not have one. Guess you would need new hardware too as well.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Yes I have been delaying that. The old hardware was still usable but I'd rather replace it. What I found to be the problem was the rubber bushing on the control arm seized itself around the bolt. If you do use an air hammer, make sure you put the nut on to protect the threads if you are going to reuse the bolt

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I have been delaying that. The old hardware was still usable but I'd rather replace it. What I found to be the problem was the rubber bushing on the control arm seized itself around the bolt. If you do use an air hammer, make sure you put the nut on to protect the threads if you are going to reuse the bolt
Didn't think of that and great idea....I would have just pounded the crap out of it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i just used a sawzall and cut the bolts off, they do get rusted into the bushing itself so yeah... i had to cut all bolts on the control arms and get new ones from the dealership just to install my rear camber kit. mini soda cars suck ass

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just used a sawzall and cut the bolts off, they do get rusted into the bushing itself so yeah... i had to cut all bolts on the control arms and get new ones from the dealership just to install my rear camber kit. mini soda cars suck ass
Still thinking on what to do here. Could cut them out, but don't know if the impact hammer would work still.

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
I burned them off....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
map gas torch since it'll be much hotter than a propane one.

if you're still looking for an evasive alternative, i'd suggest trying out kano kroil. it's a penetrating lube, but works much better than PB or wd40.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I burned them off....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
WOw...and you were not worried about the gas tank?

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
only women and children worry.
lol it was all in sequence, we were burning all the bolts off... quick heat, few knocks, air hammer and the bolts was all out
Well, I don't have access to most of those items. Would have to go buy an airhammer...however, I don't 100% if that will work. Now thinking of just cutting them, but no one I know has a saw that can cut it. To bad I can't get a dremel in there and do not have access to a torch either.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You can probably drive over to a firestone, alignment, or even a muffler shop to have them remove it for you at a small fee. Bring a bolt replacement with you of course, If all else fails.

·
LED Addict
874 Posts
Just did my rear camber kit and i had no choice but to cut the inner bolts and air hammering it out. Those bolts were real pain in the a** especially because the winters in Canada are harsh. If you do decide to go on this path then i recommend you getting all the bolts and nuts you need from the dealership and replace them with that.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i went to make sure i got all the bolts first, and then just cut em off with a sawzall. i tried with a dremel first, ****en fail, then went to buy a sawzall lol

and after i installed them... loved that camber...

·
GO BLUE!
884 Posts
Cut it... Just be careful with the end that has the welded nut (closest to the gas tank) had a fun time at 3am removing the remaining of the bolt...

^Damn, I hope that white stuff is not the actual part of the tire...

·
My car whines
637 Posts
i went to make sure i got all the bolts first, and then just cut em off with a sawzall. i tried with a dremel first, ****en fail, then went to buy a sawzall lol

and after i installed them... loved that camber...

damn that's horrible how they seized up so badly. my 04 has always been winter driven up here in Canada and they weren't anywhere near as rusted as yours.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, worked with a head tech guy at acura and we both couldn't get it out. He had a very powerful air hammer...nothing. He had an machine that you touched the bolt with and in 5 seconds that thing was red hot looking....nothing. He didn't have saw blades that would fit. So next weekend we will cut, but these are few crazy to get out.

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Damn those bolts. Had to cut mine out. Seized to the rubber bushing. No tools whatsoever would break it loose. Chickened out for torch. Too close to the gas tank.
Replaced everything- anti-seize the balls out of it. I was so paranoid I didn't even tighten anything. Just stuck the bolt through and put gum on the other side...

IPhone Autoguide

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.