Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to warn everyone and share my experience. This has been a very stressful ordeal and would not want anyone to make a similar mistake on here.

April 9th 2013 I contact charm city tuning. Owner mike Allen Sweeney returns call. We discuss all motor mild set up for my tsx. ( Fp,bolt ons,dyno tune ECG) mike works me up quote asks for partial payment for parts. Charm city tuning came recommended by friend so I wrote him a check and he gave me a receipt. Mr Sweeney owner of charm city tuning cashed my check on April 17th

This is where things go south. Up to this time mike Sweeney had been quick to return call and gave me plenty of advice. He is a smooth talker and seems very friendly and trust worthy. After he got check he did not respond to any calls emails texts for a few weeks.

When he does respond he has claims of hospital visits and personnel problems I won't disclose on here. He tells me my parts have been ordered and will be arriving. I ask for tracking he dodges request and disappears for another two weeks!!

Finally texts me said some parts were in waiting for plm header. So at this point I know he is lying because I found out through the local grape vibe he has recently developed personnel issues and has been steeling money from everyone and liquidating his possessions. Ugh!!!i call PLM they were extremely helpful and told me mike sweeney had not placed any orders from them and no tsx header has been ordered.

Guess that's why I never got my tracking numbers lol. Well to make a long story short. I feel dumb for getting duped. First time but he was very slimy and took me for ride in his sc s2k ect. He seemed to have good rep and is good at making excuses. Once I called around I found out he and charm city owe money all over town and he has been literally sending copy and pasted excuse texts that read identically to mine to a dozen other enthusiast.

So , pressing charges and going to small claims. Also showing up at all his other court dates for moral support. Lol. DO NOT TRUST them. He is talented but has just as of last year or so developed bad habits ( this is coming from his own friends/ business partners) and will go to any length to support these bad habits.

I have been beyond mature/cool/ understanding/ and even offered payment plans he'll even offered to help him get help. But bottom line. Charm city turnings owner mike Sweeney has stolen my $$$$ please don't l
Make the same mistake and spread the word. As mentioned they used to be decent place but the owner has self admittedly stole my money. If anyone would like to know more or even see some of the bs he has been up to just ask. I will update if anything happens. MODS please leave up for good of community.

Sorry for long post. Happy motoring:tomato:

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Bummer...another example of why I do all my own work.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
....its fate....
1,276 Posts
Yeah dont buy parts from him. There was a thread on k20a.org as well about him.
He owes me $350 and its been 6 months. I have no faith with getting my money back either.
He gives u great quotes but no goods. You guys in the US should see if u can lodge something against him.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll win in small claims but he is most likely broke so it wil be hassle. Filed police report the other day n they have been hearing his name a lot. So they are going to track him down and bring him in for theft 500+. So he will answer for his actions. Hey addiction a bitch I feel bad but I hate thiefs and liers. I will keep everyone posted just spread the word. And if you could give me link to k20 thread that would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also he has a court date on 17th of next month for same type of behavior. Needless to say ill be attending that hearing. Lol. Huge pain in my rear end. He is true con man. And I hear he was good tuner and just lost his mind over the last year or so.

SNYPZ. I will make sure to keep u posted. If you want send me your email and I can keep u informed as things progress.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
****** UPDATE*****

On 6/6/13 Michael Allen sweeney was charged with FELLOnY theft scheme 10,000$-$100,000. This is a serious charge. Anyone that has had a negative dealing with him please message me. I am meeting with the detective working his case on Tuesday. He is going to be screwed. He has 3!!!!! Theft charges against him in 2013. No trouble before that. What a freaking loser pill head.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anyone who wants to see

Go to google, enter : md judiciary case search. Enter: Michael Allen Sweeney after agreeing to terms ... Search. You can see all his theft cases. 131001372342

·
....its fate....
1,276 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey bluegrape.
I'm the original OP in k20a. This shit started last year and I don't even know where to begin.

Bottom line clown owes me $10k and I managed to only get back $2k.

What can we do to recover money. He claims he's having cancer and all that crap. Refuses to return my texts and all that now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Tottenham , I appreciate the support from the TSX community on here. Good to know we all have each others backs and can voice our experiences ( positive or neg) on this forum w/o the threads disappearing.

Dantok~ I have your back. Please send me your email. I want to bring your statement in with me. I literally took the day off work today and went to Kinkos made copies of everything, including: checks, receipts, emails from plm ( they have been very helpful, props to PLM, texts from Sweeney , saved voicemails from him to computer, witness statements, printed out his recent charges, and emails from other people he has ripped off (5 emails received as of today).

The craziest part is....two people sent me pic messages of their texts with Mike Allen Sweeney and They All Read The SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-stomach Surgery
-phone broke
-car broke down

I could go on and on. I'll put it out there at this point. He called me basically crying after I told him I was taking legal action and told me about his "personnel issues". Once I heard about them I knew the law was my only recourse because I have seen close friends struggle with same issues and have seen the lengths they will go to support the addiction/habit.

It's a tough spot to be in , but even the worst addict still has some sort of line they will not cross and....mike Sweeney has shown his true character. I have no sympathy for thiefs/serious criminals.

Once again, thanks for support and please spread word and send any related info my way. I already have ample evidence to warrant a civil small claims case but I want to bury this crook ( not physically threatening, I mean in a court of law). I'll get him for you soon Dantok- it's going to take some time though.

Happy motoring!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great update for everyone who has been stolen from. I just spoke with states attorney/commissioner. After speaking with police they said go civil for claim....well I just talked the states attorney and commissioner to make my case a criminal matter and they are going to change his recent charges to criminal offenses!!!!! Basically if you are pursuing mr Sweeney to reclaim your money you need to contact the:

Glenn Burnie commissioner located at 7500 Ritchie hwy Glenn burnie md.
(410) 222-1740

Or
(410) 222-6085

Make sure you mention that this is over parts order contract as contracts over service or "work" mainly go civil. I'm pressing both criminal and civil. And basically just scored huge victory for all theft victims of mr Sweeney. At first she was unsure but after I told her the whole story she said "wow this needs to go criminal to stop further theft".

Funniest part is she said they have received complaints / civil charges about Sweeney three weeks in a row.

Make sure to reference case # 5A00278101

And 070200050582013

I will provide my case number as soon as they generate it.

Cliff notes- criminal charges are in process of being filed so mike Sweeney will be arrested for stealing from us. Very happy right now!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
This motherf**ker needs to go down.

He's been stealing from too many people. Thankfully they have removed his K20A sponsorship on the website.

I`m all the way in New Zealand. what can do i thou. Will the attorneys be able to help me?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wanted to give everyone a quick update. I filed a small claims charge against mike Allen Sweeney of charm city tuning. Bad thing ( for me) is there are 3-4 other people with small claims for same thing ahead of me. So they will b serving him here soon w papers. So he will have to face me in court or I will go after his assets.

Other good news is the prosecutors are going to arrest him on criminal charges since there have been such a influx of theft charges against gphim in last 6 months. So hopefully they will get this their off the streets and he can get cleaned up and start to work on paying back hid debtors. Just wanted to keep everyone that has been stolen fom up to date. Cheers!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.