Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at Flashpro for my TSX, it a 2004 6MT, and it says there is flashpro for the 07-10 for $695, and for $50 there an 04-06 adapter kit, but right below where it says the prices it says "The 04-06 Acura TSX will need to be retrofitted with a 2008 Acura TSX ECU which Honda retails for US $610. Kit includes adapter cable and fitting instructions. ECU not supplied." So does this mean i have to buy the 07-10 flashpro, the adapter kit, AND 08 ecu? Or can i just buy the flashpro+adapter kit and be just fine since its an 04-06 adapter? I'm confused. Word for word from Hondata.com;

"$695 - Available now for the 2007-2010 Acura TSX.
$50 - Adapter kit for the 2004-2006 Acura TSX.

The 04-06 Acura TSX will need to be retrofitted with a 2008 Acura TSX ECU which Honda retails for US $610. Kit includes adapter cable and fitting instructions. ECU not supplied."

HELP. Why do I need to buy an 08 ecu if there is an adapter kit?

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
I was looking at Flashpro for my TSX, it a 2004 6MT, and it says there is flashpro for the 07-10 for $695, and for $50 there an 04-06 adapter kit, but right below where it says the prices it says "The 04-06 Acura TSX will need to be retrofitted with a 2008 Acura TSX ECU which Honda retails for US $610. Kit includes adapter cable and fitting instructions. ECU not supplied." So does this mean i have to buy the 07-10 flashpro, the adapter kit, AND 08 ecu? Or can i just buy the flashpro+adapter kit and be just fine since its an 04-06 adapter? I'm confused. Word for word from Hondata.com;

The 04-06 Acura TSX will need to be retrofitted with a 2008 Acura TSX ECU which Honda retails for US $610. Kit includes adapter cable and fitting instructions. ECU not supplied."

From what you posted, it comes with the adapter kit, so you'll need to buy flashpro and a 07-08 ecu. maybe the ecu pins are different for 04-06, so you need an adapter kit.

Perhaps calling Hondata directly with your questions would be a good idea.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
FlashPro 04-08 TSX

- How does this work for the 04-06 TSX?
FlashPro does not work with the 04-06 ECU, so an 07/08 ECU is required. The Honda part numbers are 37820-RBB-A21 for the manual and 37820-RBB-A71 for the automatic. They sell for a little over $600. The 07/08 ECU plugs in and mounts where original ECU is located. Hondata provides a wiring adapter for $50 which links the ECU programming pins to the DLC. After the ECU is installed a Honda dealer will need to match the immobilizer to the new ECU.

·
After 5-10 Guinness
592 Posts
It's not the ecu pins themselves that are different, it's the obd II (PLC as hondata calls it) connector to the ecu that has the wiring a tad different (CAN Hi (pin #11) and CAN LOW (pin #24). I don't have the pics from the obd II side, but that's where the moving of one pin/cable, and adding of 2 pins/cables takes place... see my post/pix on hondatas forum: (alias there being Mounty) I drive a euro accord cl9, but its s.s.d.d.d... same shit different daily drive

http://hondata.com/forum/download/file.php?id=4759..

Hondata • View topic - Honda Accord CL9 Euro 03-08 Model Flashpro works

that's where the adapter comes in...
the 03-06 ecu is not programmable, meaning you need an 07-08 tsx ecu for F.P to work...

they are cheaper here: http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=106757 (Talk with RYAN only!!! tell him Markus sent you.. real good guy)
or: http://www.oemacuraparts.com/parts-...trical-exhaust-heater-fuel/control-unit-cabin (Talk with TIM, also Markus sent you, also really good guy!!)
Acc-Man

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
Yes, you will need an 07/08 ECU (which you can buy used for a lot less than $610), along with the FlashPro and adapter kit.

·
After 5-10 Guinness
592 Posts
Just my $0.02: Would you really want to buy something even your/any Honda dealership is not willing to take back, used?? (Most electric/electronic articles are a once only sale)... unless you could drive the car it is in and be there while it is uninstalled/removed...??
Anyone can say "it was working, maybe YOU goofed it up during the install"... now prove them wrong...
Acc-Man

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
Just my $0.02: Would you really want to buy something even your/any Honda dealership is not willing to take back, used?? (Most electric/electronic articles are a once only sale)... unless you could drive the car it is in and be there while it is uninstalled/removed...??
Anyone can say "it was working, maybe YOU goofed it up during the install"... now prove them wrong...
Acc-Man
Once you've installed the 04 - 06 adapter cable from Hondata, I believe you could theoretically test the 07/08 ECU before getting it paired with your immobilizer. You would have to confirm with Hondata but you should be able to install the adapter cable, unplug the old ECU, plug in the new ECU, and then plug in your FlashPro. The FlashPro should recognize the new ECU and you should even be able to upload calibrations. You won't be able to start the car though because your immobilizer hasn't been paired yet.

There's always risks with buying used stuff but you can save over half the cost of a brand new ECU. I got mine used for around $200.

·
After 5-10 Guinness
592 Posts
Affirmative, I believe Sir, thou art right, and it's a good idea too!!:thumbsup: Check with Hondata first though... Just drop a quick question in the forum, they are usually answered quite quickly by the user/Mod "Spunkster"...
Acc-Man

·
Registered
248 Posts

adapter kit is used that you could connect FlashPro to TSX 07-08 ECU also it's required to pair your immo. TSX 04-06 don't have additional wires in OBDII connector. All is written in Hondata's manual:
http://www.hondata.com/downloads/04-06_flashpro_adapter_cable_install.pdf

P.S. people stop confusing others if you don't know what are you talking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts