Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I’m new to this forum. I have a 2004 TSX and I’m interested in doing a big brake conversion, instead of spending the $3000 for a big brake kit, what car can I take the brakes from that would make it a big brake set up for the TSX, I heard taking the brake kit from the Acura RL would work, has anybody tried this or know of any setups that would work? Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Yep, tons of guys with RL calipers. Need the brackets (fat four customs or fastbrakes) and new rotor. If you search the info is there. Keep in mind the calipers won't clear stock wheels so spacers will be necessary. I'm running that set up currently and all the info is in my build thread.

TL Brembos work but only if you swap the whole knuckle and UCA. Also Hyundai Genesis Brembos are bolt on with nissan rouge 3 row rotors.

·
@fsocietytsx
376 Posts
Hello all! I’m new to this forum. I have a 2004 TSX and I’m interested in doing a big brake conversion, instead of spending the $3000 for a big brake kit, what car can I take the brakes from that would make it a big brake set up for the TSX, I heard taking the brake kit from the Acura RL would work, has anybody tried this or know of any setups that would work? Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
You can get the Stoptech kit for around $1800 or less when it's on sale.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts