Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new CG TSX should be coming in about a month from now. I'll need to occassionally transport 2 bikes, so I'll need to get a bike rack. I'm worried about scratching the paint. Does anyone use a bike rack with their TSX? Any recommendations of a good one? thanks

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
mark46 said:
My new CG TSX should be coming in about a month from now. I'll need to occassionally transport 2 bikes, so I'll need to get a bike rack. I'm worried about scratching the paint. Does anyone use a bike rack with their TSX? Any recommendations of a good one? thanks
there are good bike racks out there that have padding to avoid the bouncing and paint scratch. Just make sure you research very well before you buy, and don't cheap out. Spend some decent money for a good one.

Since the rear seats fold down, can't you just take off a tire or something and throw them in the trunk?

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
pocketkiller said:
there are good bike racks out there that have padding to avoid the bouncing and paint scratch. Just make sure you research very well before you buy, and don't cheap out. Spend some decent money for a good one.

Since the rear seats fold down, can't you just take off a tire or something and throw them in the trunk?

Good advice on the notion of not cutting corners - last thing you want is a rack that scratches up the car or even worse - a bike flying off mid-corner.

You can fit a bike comfortably with the tire off with the seats folded down, but to transport two bikes, you would have to go with some sort of rack system.

I've noticed quite a bit of wind noise with the roof rack, and Yakima has a little spoiler-looking-thing called the Windjammer that doesn't do anything, so I bit the bullet and got the fairing - made the world of difference.

I will post pics of the fairing in my other thread once I get home from work in a few days.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Luwin1026, notice you have an S2000, too. I have a 2000 silver/black. I've only had the TSX for a week, but I really am enjoying it. Funny thing is I keep getting in and reaching for the start button. It's not like I'm not driving other cars. I store the S2000 for the winter, but it must be the familiarity with the layout that makes me think I'm in the Honda when I'm starting the TSX.

It's going to be tough deciding which to drive when the weather turns nice.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
vtecfan said:
Hey Luwin1026, notice you have an S2000, too. I have a 2000 silver/black. I've only had the TSX for a week, but I really am enjoying it. Funny thing is I keep getting in and reaching for the start button. It's not like I'm not driving other cars. I store the S2000 for the winter, but it must be the familiarity with the layout that makes me think I'm in the Honda when I'm starting the TSX.

It's going to be tough deciding which to drive when the weather turns nice.

There's actually a good number of TSX/Euro Accord owners on here that have a S2k as well - Joker and Noel come to mind.

What to drive when the weather turns nice? Take the S, drop the top, and hit the red button - guaranteed all smiles! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I guess it's not surprising there are other S2000 owners here. The TSX has much of what attracted me to the Honda. I'm sure others feel the same way. Nice to have found this board. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the advice guys. I'll try throwing the backseat down, but i have a feeling that would only work for 1 bike not 2. If I need a rack, I think I'd prefer a rear rack to a roof rack. Luwin, is that rack easy to assemble and take apart, or do you keep it on your car all summer?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts