Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone looked into bike racks for their TSX yet? I really miss the old Ody with the trailer hitch mount, slip the rack in and presto. No physical contact with the van.

Now with the TSX, it seems the options are much more limited, especially if I put the rear wing spoiler on. I'm not really crazy about putting any rack on that makes contact with the body so the choices may be slim to none.

I guess I could install a trailer hitch on the TSX? :slant:
Anyone done this yet? Any reasonable choices available?

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info, I need to look further into these. :)

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
We just installed a hitch......... on our Passat. It's mated to a Thule Hitching Post Pro 2 bike model. Good reviews from us so far, but it's heavy. The hitch is by U-haul - 200 lb tongue weight max, 1.25", $170. It's pretty discrete and it takes me <2 minutes to mount the rack and two bikes. It's on the Passat cuz I said there were no hitches out for the TSX ;) I think I will probably put one on the TSX as well in the near future so we don't use just the VW for weekend bike trips.

http://www.thuleracks.com/thule/product.asp?dept_id=8&sku=937

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jcg878 said:
We just installed a hitch......... on our Passat. It's mated to a Thule Hitching Post Pro 2 bike model. Good reviews from us so far, but it's heavy. The hitch is by U-haul - 200 lb tongue weight max, 1.25", $170. It's pretty discrete and it takes me <2 minutes to mount the rack and two bikes. It's on the Passat cuz I said there were no hitches out for the TSX ;) I think I will probably put one on the TSX as well in the near future so we don't use just the VW for weekend bike trips.

http://www.thuleracks.com/thule/product.asp?dept_id=8&sku=937
I like the idea of a hitch mount, but the weight and aesthetics are not the most pleasing. :(

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
True - I really don't think it looks bad on the Passat. Maybe I'll photoshop it onto my car first before I do it for real.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts