Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
brerpie said:
What do you guys think of the black on black?
Cool looking... hard to keep clean (every speck of dirt shows up)... HOT in the summer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
if you keep it clean..its the nicest color on almost any car..

G

·
I have had mine (Black/Black) since April 10th and it's not too bad to keep clean. The construction zone on my way to work is what is causing most of my issues with keeping the car clean. When it is clean, I do get a lot of looks, though.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
yea black on black is always nice just buy a buffer for your car and use it one time a week :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Honestly, it gets pretty dark. I prefer a contrast, of dark and light. If you are sold on the black exterior, I would get the gray interior, it looks very nice, especially with the 2-tone dash. If you are sold on the black interior, then I would go lighter (silver) on the exterior which is easier to keep clean. I would also consider where you live, black gets pretty hot. I am in Minnesota, so it isn't as much of a factor, but I know keeping black clean is a pain in the ass!

Best of luck with your decision...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Honestly, it gets pretty dark. I prefer a contrast, of dark and light. If you are sold on the black exterior, I would get the gray interior, it looks very nice, especially with the 2-tone dash. If you are sold on the black interior, then I would go lighter (silver) on the exterior which is easier to keep clean. I would also consider where you live, black gets pretty hot. I am in Minnesota, so it isn't as much of a factor, but I know keeping black clean is a pain in the ass!

Best of luck with your decision...

·
Registered
954 Posts
tsxclub said:
what about summer time how is black on black ?
It's got to be HOT!

They sell seat warmers... too bad they don't make seat coolers. :)

·
Registered
954 Posts
hondafreak4eva said:
lol thas what garages are for ;)
I don't know about you, but my car only sits in the garage at night, when I'm at home. When I'm at work, it's in the sun... when I'm at the store, it's in the sun...

Got to get one of those windshield sunscreens.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
454 Posts
sjlee said:
I don't know about you, but my car only sits in the garage at night, when I'm at home. When I'm at work, it's in the sun... when I'm at the store, it's in the sun...

Got to get one of those windshield sunscreens.
guess I'm just lucky.. i park in a garage at home, at work and at school... and alot of malls have garages these days too... so... i dont get stuck in too many lots :cool:

·
Registered
62 Posts
My parent's have a black ext/grey int ML320. Personally, I like the black ext with the java int. It's really cool and unique. I don't know what that color is called on the TSX....but I think you get the wood trim with it, that almost yellowish color.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's called "Parchment" which is a fancy word for TAN!

I have a problem with the looks of the perforated leather in tan. I think it looks sporty in the gray and especially in black, but it looks funny to me in tan... Just this guys opinion though, it is a nice interior in any color!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a Black/Black in So Cal. Doesn't get any hotter that that!

I couldn't help buying the black since it looked so awesome.

The Brushed alum. dash with the black leather looks great!

The first day I bought a windshield sun shade and I'm going to get the windows tinted, should help. Besides, that's what AC is for, right?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I agree, the interior could do without the perforated leather. Also the Java interior in the ML320 gets dirty very easily. Not the kind of dirty like a stain....but like dingy and dark and turning grey.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just saw all 3 interior choices between 2 local dealerships and I have to admit that black is the best, gray is a distant 2nd and tan is 3rd. It's not that the tan is bad, I just hate wood trim in cars, never understood why there would be wood in cars?

I'm going Carbon Gray with Black interior like so many other have done and will do. I am guessing this combo will be 50% of their sales...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I put a deposit on a TSX about three weeks ago and my dealer just called me that my black on black beauty arrived TODAY! I drove over after work and even with all the plastic wrap and factory shipping material, the car looked bitchin' and sexy. I signed all my paperwork, gave him a fat check, and will wait patiently for his call that the car will be ready to pick up after getting the windows tinted and the car detailed. I'm excited. Now to plan a fun trip over the weekend--just so I can drive the new car. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts