whatever
4,377 Posts
welcome back memphis...been a while :wavey:
Took the Yankee's loss to wake ya up, eh ? :D

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah been at school, not allowed the car here...sucks, Finally went home and worked on the car again, felt great, so heres the latest on her

Mets fan anyway... gave up a long time ago

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
haha...that europlate is great... Nice :thumbsup:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
3,158 Posts
VERY NICE PIC!

hey dood!!! can u tell me exactly which honda centre cap did u buy
04 accord ?

·
Registered
285 Posts
awesome pics...........where in NY are you from??

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Suffok County, LI...thanks for the comments guys

G

·
Memphis, how did the grill fit? Lanny was saying that it almost fits but that there is a little space near the bottom. I recently ordered the Euro-r conversion but I'm a little worried now. Lanny showed me a pic, did you have the same mismatch?
Thank you.
IB

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
nachob said:
Memphis, how did the grill fit? Lanny was saying that it almost fits but that there is a little space near the bottom. I recently ordered the Euro-r conversion but I'm a little worried now. Lanny showed me a pic, did you have the same mismatch?
Thank you.
IB

Wait, I thought you were selling your car?

Hope you decided to keep it :D.......

Memphis has a huge pic of his grill , I can't find it, but it is one of the better fits I've seen, probably somewhat because it's black.

Since you already have the grill coming, try it out, it's only a few minutes to pop in. Then you can decide how it looks on your car.

Pics taken from down low will probably over emphasize the gap anyway; I bet it doesn't look noticeable at all standing up from a few feet away......

G

·
Lanny, I'm agonizing. I have a second baby on the way and my it looks like my wife might miss work for a few months. Also, I will have to pay day care for two kids so for right now I am taking offers but I already paid for the grill and badges so I wanted to know if anyone else had any experience. Plus, I actually enjoy this forum. I really like the TSX despite my complaints and I really like this forum. I spent a couple years on another VW forum that I won't name and found a few great guys on there but so many idiots that TSXclub is a breath of fresh air. Good poeple on here. As far as the car goes, it really is a great car.

Stay tuned. I have a lot of things going through my head right now with second baby, etc. If someone is interested in my car, I will consider selling it. Part of me doesn't want to try too hard so I can tell my wife, I tried but no one was interested. The salesman warned me about this too. He told me I was stupid for wanting a Red TSX with black interior and MANual. I guess he was right, but boy, it is a hot looking car and the gearbox is automotive sex....no, correction, the gearbox is not just sex.....it is "making love!" : )

Best damned gearbox ever.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
I know where you're coming from. We have a 19 month old, and want to have another child, but financially two day care bills would be tough. So would my wife not working. That leaves refinancing the house, or waiting til lour first is done with daycare. Or winning Powerball.

Congrats on the second baby though!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey,

Well unfortunately the grill does not fit perfectly, there is a slight gap, its not too bad, and thanks Lanny, I think I did a pretty good job fitting the grill, took me long enough, ill tell ya one thing, your back is gonna hurt after this one.

Well anyway's...good luck with whatever u do nach, hopefully u stick around, And Post some pictures if you decide to put the Euro R Grill on. you'll be the only RED tsx w/ the Euro R Grill that I know of

G

·
Thanks, guys. I'll see how it looks when I get it. I hope it's not too bad. I special ordered the Milano Red so I hope it doesn't look too bad with the gap.

Thanks again.

IB

G

·
LannyM said:
Pics taken from down low will probably over emphasize the gap anyway; I bet it doesn't look noticeable at all standing up from a few feet away......
Lanny/Memphis, hi. I spoke to Dickson at AJ Racing and he says that if your replace the radiator cover with the correct JDM part, the grill fits perfectly. Did Memphis or the other Euro-r Grill person use the JDM radiator cover or did they adapt the Euro-r grill to the US radiator cover?

I ordered the JDM cover when I initially ordered my grill and hood trim piece.

Thanks again.

Ignacio

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well actually I dont have the JDM Radiator cover, but I hate to make Dickson a Lier, but unless your buying the JDM bumper, the Grill Will Not be a perfect fit... the overall shape of the USDM bumper, Vs the Accord Euro, and Accord Euro R bumper is different, in the grill region, the Acura grill is pointer and goes down about a half an inch deeper then the JDM Grill, so no mater what you do, JDM Grill does not really fit the USDM bumper, however it you try really hard, and your good at it, you can get minimal gap, and its hard to notice unless your really bending down infront of it

The Gap looks pretty big in the last one, but once again thats purely because its a low angle picture, from any other angle its not noticeable

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
3,158 Posts
gona hijack the thread a bit
but on the same topic hehe

G

·
Boy, your car looks sharp with the grill. Thanks again for sharing. I can see from the pictures that there is no way to get a perfect fit. I think it's close enough that Dickson probably thinks that is good. If I would have know about all the work, I would not have gotten it but I already paid for it so I'm stuck. Thanks again.

Ignacio

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
nachob said:
Boy, your car looks sharp with the grill. Thanks again for sharing. I can see from the pictures that there is no way to get a perfect fit. I think it's close enough that Dickson probably thinks that is good. If I would have know about all the work, I would not have gotten it but I already paid for it so I'm stuck. Thanks again.

Ignacio
Having the JDM radiator cover does help the fit at the top, but as Memphis says, you're gonna have a little bit at the bottom....it'll be fine when looking at the car from a normal perspective.

It's kinda like that rear headliner thing-you won't notice it unless someone points it out :D.......

1 - 20 of 22 Posts